Trumper's Coconut shaving cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Creams' started by solar, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Used this after it had a slight hiatus in the rotation. In a word, wow!

Very, very rich cream. It was the right time to use it, because I had used a blade the day before, which was a bit too old, and as such was a shave or two south of proper, and thus I had some razor burn.

This stuff makes glycerin soap lather look like water, so I occasionally do a semi-method and put a small dollop of Trumper's coconut into the breach of a soap-lathered brush to add some oooomph. The scent is mild enough so as not to really interfere with other soaps.

Lovely stuff.

Best,

Chris

2. djh

djh Moderator

Good to hear, Chris- thanks! I bought a tube of this in London a couple of weeks ago in order to try it out. Looking forward to testing it out soon.

3. ackvil

ackvil Moderator Contributor

One of my favorites. Mild scent but great lather.

4. Awesome cream. I avoided it for a while because the tester pot in Merz reminded me of sunscreen. When the cream is fresh, however, it smells amazing.

5. I have been using the Rose for some time which I like. So many praises concerning the Coconut that I guess I will have to buy some-I feel terrible about this, I really do.:laugh:

6. I love my GFT coconut!... Both scent wise and performance wise it is a fantastic cream that I look forward to shaving with when it pops up in my rotation!

7. just had a shave with it today. got it from someone here on the boards who i bought sunglasses from and sent me half a tube of the stuff along with it out of my surprise.

Great stuff. Coconut scent is awesome and isn't overpowering because it isn't the sweet coconut smell you get from a bakery item.

Creamy and doesn't take a lot to lather either.

I'n probably gonna buy a tub when i can.

8. djh

djh Moderator

I tried the Coconut cream yesterday morning. Great performance and a nice, subtle scent. Can't ask for more than that.

9. jmg

jmg

GFT coconut is next on my list. I tried a sample and was very impressed with its lathering ability and the scent is just right.

10. maxman

maxman Moderator Emeritus

Trumpers is the best hands down. But it's funny because just like you I had it out of my rotation. Then when I put it back in, I fell in love with it again.
    Thick, rich, gobs of lather. That's what I always say 'cuz it's true!

11. I was recently gifted with a small amount of this stuff. I'll try it tomorrow.

12. I think this performs the best out when compared to the rest of their offerings.....

13. I find their Lime shaving cream to perform just as well as the coconut!

14. IMO, Trumper's Coconut is a great cream!

15. I am getting some for christmas and I'm very excited to give this stuff a try.

16. Trumper's are outstanding. Coconut is wonderful as is the Lime and The Rose

17. A really nice cream, the scent reminds me summer and girls on the beach :001_smile

18. It is a great cream in all respects. I prefer to use it in warmer weather.

Regards,

Doug

19. I had the violet and thought it us ok but not as good as other creams. That was my only trumpers thus far

20. ouch

ouch Moderator Contributor

Trumper doesn't make a better cream than their coconut oil, and not many others do, either.