What's new

Tried a Feather. Liked it.

I used the same razor that I had used in my previous shave: a Merkur 23c kindly PIF'ed to me. For that shave I used a new GSB.

The Feather seemed a bit sharper but I didn't notice a big difference. I did have less trouble going ATG on my cheeks, which are often a bit plucky (not sure how else to describe it).

I had two very minor weepers on my neck, but almost didn't notice.

Overall, maybe not the most comfortable shave, but not bad at all.

I'm going to try it again for my next shave and see how it does.

I definitely like Feather blades. They are a little more expensive than others, but I haven't been disappointed by them.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Nice to find something that just works! For me Feathers are just a bit too sharp, but YMMV-especially with blades!

You may find your second or third shave is better once you knock some edge off the blade. I got seven days with a feather this week with a 34c, same head as yours.

My new go to blade. Best blade I have used for my problem spots on my neck. It seems to take less touch up passes with these in general.

I just had my third shave with that blade.

I don't think I was as careful on the second shave and it didn't go that well. No cuts, just more irritation.

The third shave was much better, as good as the first, but I'm wondering if the blade is losing it's sharpness.

I'll give it a chance at #4 though.

I have a few Feathers I've been holding off on trying. This is the second post in a row I've read regarding Feathers so after my current med prep gives up the ghost I'm going to finally try one.

I just had my third shave with that blade.

I don't think I was as careful on the second shave and it didn't go that well. No cuts, just more irritation.

The third shave was much better, as good as the first, but I'm wondering if the blade is losing it's sharpness.

I'll give it a chance at #4 though.
Feathers are my go to blade since 2008 . i use no others! Nice Boxer!

I've been shaving like this for years, mostly because I'm a tightwad and was taught this method at 16 and I just can't use feathers. I want to and have a stash but it's just a blade that doesn't work for me. Luckily my face really like cheapo blades such as st300 and shark SS. I've tried the feathers in several different razors and doesn't work.

I can now contribute to these threads.

Started on a feather blade last week almost out of spite - after again getting comments on how my technique must be bad because I seem to favour duller blades on my blade sampling thread. (No offence to the poster, it was a last straw - not any intended malice).

Very nice to shave with with no more irritation than any other blade I use. Definitely cuts through hair and feels smooth. Better shave in a milder razor.

I will say however that it hasn't made my top three.

Imo feather is overrated. Much like a blade that gets ragged on around here. If you use a feather you will think it's the greatest shave ever because the masses say so or if you use an Astra or derby or dorco it's like shaving with a pocket knife. My wife likes feathers but after 2 shaves it burns the bejesus out of her as to where big bens give her consistently good shaves for 4 or 5 uses. To each their own.

Top Bottom