What's new

Traveling Scuttle

Nope. Figured we would surprise them! I'll just say she's a beauty! Cobalt blue, nice!

I dig surprising people! Good times! And way to go for doing this Johnnie!

I'd love to hear what the other guys think after using it, so do please share your thoughts fellas!

I received the scuttle today and she is a beauty. After some initial frustration, I started to figure out how to get the lather to separate from the brush and deposit in the scuttle. As everything in shaving, I'm sure there is a learning curve to using a scuttle and I look forward to figuring out the best technique to use. Thanks Johnnie for being so generous and allowing me the use of this scuttle! You're a standup man

I received the scuttle today and she is a beauty. After some initial frustration, I started to figure out how to get the lather to separate from the brush and deposit in the scuttle. As everything in shaving, I'm sure there is a learning curve to using a scuttle and I look forward to figuring out the best technique to use. Thanks Johnnie for being so generous and allowing me the use of this scuttle! You're a standup man

Hey Joe, I'm not able to look up the link right now, but look for brucered's Lathering Videos. They should help ya out alot!

The main problem I am having is the fact that most of my brushes have short handles with short lofts (<50mm) since I have previously only face lathered. Its difficult to get my hand inside the scuttle and whip my hand in circles without banging my fingers in the process. I have one brush that has a longer handle which I will use tomorrow to see how that works.

I'm enjoying reading experience so far, thanks for the feedback itaforte! I'm also entirely a face lather fan, so this gives me an excuse to shop for a new brush before I have a turn.

Crossing my fingers that it works its way to me over the winter!

1. Itaforte :scooter:
2. HellaHella
3. CosmicDoom
4. Hogwild USMC
5. TripleT
6. Red-Leg
7. Elmango
8. Skyrider55
9. Pugslycat
10. Mechanically
11. Joamo
12. Buxwheat
13. Vferdman
14. Donoma
15. Polardude1983
&#8203;16. The Anachronist

17. deruitem

awsome idea, I have been wanting to give a scuttle a try

I used the scuttle today as a brush scuttle while face lathering, and it performed great. It holds heat very well, and kept my brush very warm throughout my shave.

I've been enjoying the scuttle, but I think its time for another member to try it out. PM sent to HellaHella and it will be sent out when I receive an address. Thanks a lot to Johnnie for making this happen! I'll post a little later about my overall experience with the scuttle.

I thought I should give my final thoughts on the scuttle, so here is a quick summary. I think there is a slight learning curve with using a scuttle which can easily be overcome in a few days. So after a few days of trial and error, as well as watching some youtube videos with scuttle lathering tips, I finally got it down. However, I found that I simply enjoy face lathering too much, so I started to use it as a brush scuttle. Since its not a very large scuttle, it actually worked very well as a brush scuttle. Overall, I think it was a great experience that helped me learn my preferences, so I put an order in with DB for a brush scuttle. I can't wait! Thanks again Jbadley for putting this together.

I'd love to do this, but I'm probably not the best candidate, as I'm just taking the first baby-steps of wet shaving. Although if the list is 12 deep, then in about a year maybe my number will come up!

Count me in!

This scuttle gets around! East coast to the west coast and points in between. Let us know what you think of it.

I used the scuttle for the first time today. I found it a tad small for my brush and I think I had the water too hot because the lather was evaporating away slightly. I will work on it the next time, which won't be till next week. I have to travel this weekend.

Top Bottom