What's new

Travel shaving cream container with a lid that doubles as a whipping cup?

This morning.....at the gym....

I noticed that the rather deep Lid of my container of Body Shop Maca Root chasing cream was just deep enough to whip up a nice lather with my brush.

This got me thinking....(and searching wasn't fruitful)

Is there a travel cream container, or otherwise, that has an exceptionally deep lid (at least a few inches) that would facilitate it to double as a whipping mug?

Just wondering what others have found.

Thanks,

Matt!

You can always use your palm! Seriously, it works!

Or skip the palm and go straight to the face! Works awesome, and ya don't need a cup or bowl. A little practice with dipping the tips of the brush and your GTG.

But on the palm thing, I got some Pacific Shaving Co minis for palm lathering I forgot about. Little one shot lather bombs in a zip envelope. Maybe I will break one out tomorrow.

You can always use your palm! Seriously, it works!

Or skip the palm and go straight to the face! Works awesome, and ya don't need a cup or bowl. A little practice with dipping the tips of the brush and your GTG.

But on the palm thing, I got some Pacific Shaving Co minis for palm lathering I forgot about. Little one shot lather bombs in a zip envelope. Maybe I will break one out tomorrow.

Keep us updated on that. The finally started selling the PSC one shot bombs in my local Target and a wanted to know if it was worth it. I hate that you cant get the original cream and shave balm in stores, I can only find the very skin irritating caffeine version.

I have an idea for soaps, but I'm not sure how well it would work for creams. Take almost any (empty) tub and flip it over. You now have a crazy big "lid" to lather in and a very small "tub" for the soap/cream. I know it's not perfect; you probably can't have more than 2 oz of product at a time and you'll inevitably have suds on the threads, but it'll give you more than enough "bowl" to lather in.

The Body Shop has various moisturizing cream containers from small to large. I took my wife's small container and it perfectly fits a puck of Williams. I always travel with it. If it gets lost, left, or heisted by the TSA it's no big deal because all in all it's $3.

I have been looking for the same. I have used coffee cups from hotel restaurant that work fine, but a lot of hotels have only the paper coffee cups now. I tried palm lathering and it works OK, but not like a bowl. I may look at the Body Shop containers...

I am waiting for this to arrive. I'm going to use it exclusively for travel. Up to now I've been using an empty TOBS cream tub but I need something a little wider which I'm hoping this will be. And if it isn't as good as I hope, I'm only out $5.
proxy.php

I am waiting for this to arrive. I'm going to use it exclusively for travel. Up to now I've been using an empty TOBS cream tub but I need something a little wider which I'm hoping this will be. And if it isn't as good as I hope, I'm only out $5.
I have this. It's reasonably large, and the lid fits well. It won't _feel_ like it at first, but once you've squeezed it on, you'll have to pry the thing off. It's basically an air tight seal.

Here are some straight sided containers (for those who don't want to have to fight around a lip)

http://www.freundcontainer.com/plastic-straight-sided-jars/c/510/

here are some other jars that would probably work well for creams, and the lids can multitask as bowls.

Wholesale Plastic Round Base Jars | Freund Container

I have this. It's reasonably large, and the lid fits well. It won't _feel_ like it at first, but once you've squeezed it on, you'll have to pry the thing off. It's basically an air tight seal,

Thanks for the info. The prying part is a little disconcerting. I'm not concerned about it being air tight since I won't be storing anything in there other than some cotton swabs and an alum block. I may see about modifying it enough so the seal isn't quite so tight.

It's not like you'll need a tool. It's just that when you end up with a vacuum seal, you'll have to pull on one side a bit to make it release. If you're just doing a casual drop the lid on and stacking them, it won't lock tight. I like the idea of not having it pop open if it's in a bag. I don't know what the alum would do to the steel - I understand that the water coming off of it is caustic.

@MntnMan62 I like it- care to share where you found it. Price is right for a travel kit.

I found it on Amazon. I paid $3.99 plus $0.99 for shipping. It is coming from China and I still don't have it. I expect it will take about a month. My Turkish hand hammered lather mug took that long to get to me from Turkey. I was looking at the listing again recently and the price seems to be a little more now, but not by much. Here is a link to the listing.

Amazon.com: Shave Mug with Lid, GOTD ZY Stainless Steel Double Layer Shaving Mug Lid Bowl Cup For Shave Brush: Toys & Games

I should add that I have seen what appear to be the identical containers on the bay for a tad less than I paid. Either way they are probably coming from the same place.

Last edited:
I don't know what the alum would do to the steel - I understand that the water coming off of it is caustic.

I hadn't thought about the alum. Good point. The alum is a Razorock alum stick in its own plastic container. But I doubt it is waterproof so I think I'll just stick the entire alum stick in a zip lock sandwich bag. Since I like things to remain nice and shiny I'll probably just keep the alum in a zip lock and not stick it in the shave bowl. I'll find something else to go in there with the cotton swabs. Not a big problem. I appreciate you pointing that out so I didn't have to learn my lesson the hard way. :a14:

Mine took just over two weeks, maybe a bit longer. I think I paid $5 for it on ebay. I'm looking at it right now.

Oh, yeah. If you drop it, don't try to catch it. just cover your ears.

Well, after all that time, my double wall covered lather bowl finally arrived. I haven't used it but in checking it out I am happy that the lid fits loosely and not really tight. I won't have to wrestle with it to get it off. And I am pleasantly surprised that it is quite a bit bigger than the TOBS tub that I had been using previously, yet not too big. And it fits very nicely in my dopp kit. Here's a pic to see the difference in size between the new bowl and the TOBS bowl.

IMG_0277.JPG

That's a nice looking stainless bowl. Enjoy.

Thanks. I gave it a test run the day after I got it and it worked really nicely. It is a perfect size. The TOBS tub worked but was just too small. I'm going to enjoy taking it on the road with me. I have two trips coming up next month, Nashville and Palm Beach. I'm going to enjoy my shaves down South.

Top Bottom