What's new

Travel razor...non DE!?!

No. Not at all, under any circumstances.
If you get caught doing so, it's possible detention / jail and $1100.00 fine per incident.
That means a 10 pack of blades would cost you Eleven Thousand dollars in fines.

They charge you for that?

I mean, isn't taking it away enough?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
They charge you for that?

I mean, isn't taking it away enough?

It's up to the agents there.
That is what they are authorized to do.
Why risk it?

It's one thing to forget that you had a pair of nail clippers in your briefcase.

It's quite another to convince a TSA agent you "just didn't know" about razor blades when your sporting shaving soap, a nickel plated brass device that holds the blades, and AS to use afterwards.

Last edited:
It's up to the agents there.
That is what they are authorized to do.
Why risk it?

It's one thing to forget that you had a pair of nail clippers in your briefcase.

It's quite another to convince a TSA agent you "just didn't know" about razor blades when your sporting shaving soap, a nickel plated brass device that holds the blades, and AS to use afterwards.

Yeah, but if you are clean shaven, and have all that kit, it should go along way towards convincing them you are going to use them for the intended purpose. Plus, don't all terrorists have beards?:biggrin1:

Injectors are indeed good razors. But you can't bring them on the plane as carry-on with a blade in them.

Not being a smartass, but does this include the blade dispenser as well?

Thanks everyone for all the replies and this is another great example of how great a community this is :thumbup:.

First, I do not want to have to mail blades a head of time because even though postage is not that expensive having to do it once or twice a week just seems silly. Plus having to take out the DE and show that it has no blade in it seems like another waste of time.

I will have to check into the Gillette Track II and the Bic's mentioed in this thread.

Thanks again yall and I guess I need to make a decision this weekend because I am traveling all next week.

Last edited:
No. Not at all, under any circumstances.
If you get caught doing so, it's possible detention / jail and $1100.00 fine per incident.
That means a 10 pack of blades would cost you Eleven Thousand dollars in fines.

Clarification: You can't carry-on a DE blade, but you can check a bag through which contains DE blades, right?

Trac II is OK, and the Personna carts available for it are cheap and work pretty well.

IMO, the Atra is a better system than the Trac II, but there's a catch. You have to use the Gillette Atra cartridges that are made in China. The Peronna cartridges for Atra are CRAP!

And not all the Gillette branded blades are equivalent. For example, the Gillette Trac II blades are made in Mexico, and they're no smoother than the much-cheaper Personna blades available at WalMart. But the Atra with the Gillette-branded Atra blades made in China are in a completely different league than the Peronna "Auto Plus" cartridges, and are much better than either the Gillette or the Personna Trac II cartridges.

Did that make any sense? Bottom line is if you're going to do a cartridge razor shave while travelling, I would choose Atra with Gillette-branded Atra cartridges (made in China). You can buy them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for about 10 or 11 bucks for a pack of 10 (which is 3 bucks cheaper than what they cost at WalMart!). The other good option is Gillette Sensor Excel. The Atra cartridges are about 4 bucks cheaper per pack, and every bit as good (IMO).

I have successfully flown several times now with a superspeed LOADED with a feather in my carryon. The first time was an accident. The second was an experiment. After that, it was just habit. I think they see the razor in the scan but don't equate it to a loose blade. If they saw the outline of a loose DE blade, however, they'd freak.

Top Bottom