2. Castle Forbes Lavender
3. AoS Sandalwood
4. L'Occitane Cade
5. D.R. Harris Windsor/T&H Grafton/Vulfix Lavender/Trumpers GFT photo finish

1.Proraso Blue
2.TOBS Sandalwood
3.Proraso Green
4.TOBS Rose

Only 4 I have tried to date and enjoy them all. Trying to figure out what my next cream purchase will be.

As a long time Proraso guy, I find it interesting (but not surprising) to see that other guys rate any/all of the Proraso product right up there with the top-dollar shave cream offerings.

Not very specific, but anything by Proraso/Omega, TOBS and Trumpers. Just can't go wrong with any of these.

TOBS Peppermint
XPec
Castle Forbes Lime
Stone Cottage Suede Kashmir
APS Eucalyptus

In no specific order....

After trying some more on this list I would have to re-rate my favorites.
1. CF Lavender
2. Musgo Real
3. TOBS Sandalwood
4. TOBS Peppermint
5. AOS Sandalwood

Thats quite a change, not one stone cottage on the list. What did you like about TOBS SW that set it above AOS SW?

I haven't tried Stone Cottage yet. I do have a sample 5 pack but haven't used them yet. TOBS Sandalwood was the very first cream that got me into we shaving. The gateway drug if you will. I like the smell of TOBS better. It is more complex and has more of an old school
Barbershop scent. AOS is more sweet with vanilla notes and Sandalwood on the back end. Both good creams!

(INPO)

D.R.HARRIS (29, MB)
the Gentleman Floris
Spanish Leather
TOBS (SW, PM)
AoS Eucalyptus

(HM: T&H Apsley, I C Rhubarb)

After using Stone Cottage samples, my new top five are (in no order):
T&H Aspley
SJOL's Sandalwood & Bergamot
C&E's Moroccan Myrrh
Stone Cottage Almond Flower
Castle Forbes Lavender.

Just ordered a Tub of Auguri cream from Al's Shaving products. It's a limited edition scent, but sounded like just what I was looking for. To para-phrase the ingredients:
Oriental scent that include vanilla as the central note. Notes of lemon, geranium and ylang ylang are interlaced with the spiciness of ginger, black pepper, vanilla, cinnamon and coumarine in a background of patchouli and rosewood.

I have Al's Bodega so I believe the cream quality will be good. As far as the scent goes I took a shot in the dark because the ingredients sound amazingly intriguing. Should be a light, complex scent with a Vanilla base. Could very well change my top five!

Mikey

Mikey

1. Acqua Di Parma
2. XPEC unscented
3. Castle Forbes Lavender
4. Baume.be
5. St. James of London Lavender

Looking forward to trying a Santa Maria Novella if I can find it somewhere.

Top Bottom