What's new

Too young for T&H Sandalwood.

This past weekend my wife and I were out looking for vehicles. While we were out, we "just happened" to be by a shave shop. So.... we stopped. :biggrin1: The last time I was in there I had smelled some Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood, and LOVED it! This time while we were in there I sprayed the tester on my wrist and asked my wife what she thought about it. She said she really liked the smell. She said that it was too old or mature of a smell for me though. She said she could picture someone twice my age wearing it. After we ate supper, we got into our vehicle and she mentioned how much she would enjoy getting into a car that smelled like that.

So, now I guess I need to buy a bottle and save it for 30 years. Then maybe ill be old enough to wear it. :pipe: :wink2:

So, what is the problem??

$hart st james dovo sandalwood july 17 2014.jpg

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have been reading your responses to my wife, she has thoroughly enjoyed them.

She was telling me, that she thinks it is partially do to the sandalwood having a totally different scent profile than anything I usually wear. She said the sandalwood was more woodsy, where what I usually wear she felt was more citrus(ey). And that the citrus profile is what she associates with me.

You clearly have a different problem, young man. You don't have nearly enough of a collection if she's got you pegged to one note! Start shopping!:w00t:

I agree with you. My collection is far too small. I have 1 or 2 colognes, and 1 or 2 aftershaves. Plus shave soaps, balms, preshave oils, etc.

I agree with you. My collection is far too small. I have 1 or 2 colognes, and 1 or 2 aftershaves. Plus shave soaps, balms, preshave oils, etc.

No No No just No you need way more I can go over 3 months now without using the same scent that's every day and my wife says sometimes I smell old hmmm being 53 I class myself as old hahaha

No No No just No you need way more I can go over 3 months now without using the same scent that's every day and my wife says sometimes I smell old hmmm being 53 I class myself as old hahaha

You are 'da man! Gotta make sure there are enough scents in the collection so you can't get pigeonholed......one day an old man scent, next day a modern blue scent and before you know it they can't tell one from the other. Strategy is everything.....

You are 'da man! Gotta make sure there are enough scents in the collection so you can't get pigeonholed......one day an old man scent, next day a modern blue scent and before you know it they can't tell one from the other. Strategy is everything.....

To right mate
You never know what tomorrow brings, job, meeting, wine and dine, or just taking the wife out. So yes you need a good collection and I'm sticking to that lol.
and I tell her she has handbags and shoes so I can have aftershaves and I still spend less

And, the best part, I got it on sale, AND got 15% off for being a first time buyer from that website. So I was able to buy a bottle for 1/3 less than normal price! :thumbup:

Top Bottom