What's new

TOBS Eton College and Stirling Baker Street

Well, I assume that the Eton College AS has the same scent as the cream: mostly citrus. As TOBS themselves say:

"A beautiful masculine fragrance with dominant citrus lemon notes combined with fruity citrus notes of orange and mandarin. All this is blended with gentle floral notes that rest on a base of warm patchouli. Contains Lemon oil and Patchouli oil."

To me it's not dominated by the lemon (otherwise I wouldn't like it) but more of a blended citrus.

I love the scent if the cream, won't be buying the AS as it's too expensive for me.

Stirling's Baker Street is altogether different. It's meant to be the same as the now-defunct Strop Shoppe's soap of the same name. This was a classic scent that many (including myself) lamented when SS folded. From Stirling's site:

"A fresh and masculine blend of Juniper, Bergamot, Jasmine, and Patchouli."

As far as my nose knows, Stirling has nailed the scent. I have the AS splash, and it's excellent. Note that a whiff from the bottle and upon application it seems a bit off of the target scent, but once it dries down it's once again a very close match. As with all of Stirling's AS splashes, it's full of good face stuff, too.

My understing is that Strop Shop shared the Baker Street fragrance blend with Stirling. For all intents and purposes, it should be the same.

Top Bottom