What's new

Timeless Question

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Good question! Wish I could help. Do you want the milder or the more aggressive option for a baseplate? I think there's only two, right?

Kindly,
Adam

Go with both, start with the milder, scalloped one. Then work your way up to the open comb, once your technique is in place. Enjoy!

all this talk about Timeless razors is giving me some serious RAS. Sounds like a serious step up in shaving performance from my Muhle R89. Their free towel promotion is over so maybe I will wait till more are in stock! The 0.68 scalloped seems like a good choice.

I am reading all the timeless posts. I am thinking Timeless, Joris of Wolfman but learning you can't get one so I won't bother with wolf.

I am considering the open comb scalloped .68, how would that compare to the non OC in .68?

As you progress from SB to scalloped and then to open comb you lose a little smoothness but get a bit more feedback from each of the plates. It's not a night and day difference between the plates and the final shave result to me is the same. My preference is for the straight bar plate in .68 but I could happily use any of them in this blade gap so if I had a strong visual preference for one over the other I could choose the one I preferred there and be very happy with it.

So to answer your question... if you want the absolute smoothest shave then choose the straight bar. If you want slightly more feedback then choose the scalloped.

To the OP who is looking at the scalloped vs. the OC it's the same deal. I little more feedback and slightly less smoothness in choosing the OC vs the scalloped. Again, not a huge difference so if you're a big OC fan or absolutely love the look of the scalloped one, then you'd likely be very happy with either. I can tell you that the OC is the smoothest OC I've used as there's no scratchy feeling left behind from the machined plate. It's almost like an OC that feels like a SB razor.

Also, some other stuff you didn't ask about. There is no functional difference performance wise between the caps that I was able to find so just choose the one that's most appealing to you there as well. I prefer the smooth cap as I like the more traditional look but that's just an aesthetic thing. The Timeless handles are great as well. They are very heavy as that's exactly what this razor needs to offset the heavy razor head. So if you're buying just the razor head make sure you have a heavy handle to attach to it. I've used Wolfman handles on the Timeless razors and they work quite nicely but my preference with these razor heads are the matching Timeless handles.

I understand, from talking with the Timeless folks, that all top caps produce the same shave. Whichever suits your eye is the way to go. I preferred and bought the scalloped one. In my case it was not the same with .68 plates. The OC. to me, was too aggressive; I had to give it up for an SB. The surprise was I like the .68 SB's look with the scalloped top as much or more than the OC.
Everything I have gotten from these folks is top-notch. The stands match the quality of the razors.

Ron

Thanks so much guys I think the .68 OC might just be the in betweener so to speak as in maxed out aggressive on the .68 but not so much as a .95. I do not have a heavy beard by any means so I think that will be the way to go. Once I sell of some fatboys and collectible razors I will be ordering.

As you progress from SB to scalloped and then to open comb you lose a little smoothness but get a bit more feedback from each of the plates. It's not a night and day difference between the plates and the final shave result to me is the same. My preference is for the straight bar plate in .68 but I could happily use any of them in this blade gap so if I had a strong visual preference for one over the other I could choose the one I preferred there and be very happy with it.

So to answer your question... if you want the absolute smoothest shave then choose the straight bar. If you want slightly more feedback then choose the scalloped.

To the OP who is looking at the scalloped vs. the OC it's the same deal. I little more feedback and slightly less smoothness in choosing the OC vs the scalloped. Again, not a huge difference so if you're a big OC fan or absolutely love the look of the scalloped one, then you'd likely be very happy with either. I can tell you that the OC is the smoothest OC I've used as there's no scratchy feeling left behind from the machined plate. It's almost like an OC that feels like a SB razor.

Also, some other stuff you didn't ask about. There is no functional difference performance wise between the caps that I was able to find so just choose the one that's most appealing to you there as well. I prefer the smooth cap as I like the more traditional look but that's just an aesthetic thing. The Timeless handles are great as well. They are very heavy as that's exactly what this razor needs to offset the heavy razor head. So if you're buying just the razor head make sure you have a heavy handle to attach to it. I've used Wolfman handles on the Timeless razors and they work quite nicely but my preference with these razor heads are the matching Timeless handles.

I understand, from talking with the Timeless folks, that all top caps produce the same shave. Whichever suits your eye is the way to go. I preferred and bought the scalloped one. In my case it was not the same with .68 plates. The OC. to me, was too aggressive; I had to give it up for an SB. The surprise was I like the .68 SB's look with the scalloped top as much or more than the OC.
Everything I have gotten from these folks is top-notch. The stands match the quality of the razors.

Ron

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I have a .68 scallop and the .95 OC and I prefer the .95 oc
Aggressive is , to Me is not how I would describe the feel to My face
Efficient and smooth is all I feel. I would say the .95 is more efficient than
the .68 . Both razors are super smooth . I started with the .95 knowing that I had 30
days to decide if it was to much razor for me and could always return it or exchange it.
all it would cost you is shipping.

I have both scalloped and OC. Scalloped is great everyday OC is great for a few days growth, but the key is whichever you use its the plate number I have OC in .68 and scalloped in .68 and .95 .95 being more aggressive.

The Timeless site says .68 for lighter beards, which I have. We need a post on blades with timeless as that is a huge factor also.

Top Bottom