What's new

Tilley Hats, what do you think?

What do you think of Tilley hats?

• I have a Tilley and like it

• I have a Tilley and don't like it

• I have not owned a Tilley but prefer a different brand of hat

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a T3 Wanderer and a LTM8 Mesh. The T3 goes with me fishing and there's been a few times it's come off on a fly fishing stream to be found down river and returned (it floats). It's also nice in that I can soak the thick material in water and get an evaporative cooling effect. The mesh is great for coaching football or baseball, keeps the sun off my head neck and ears and feels good in the hot weather.

My Tilley T3 white with green underbrim is ALWAYS with me sailing and in my pack or on my head up high on the 14K peaks here in Colorado and out west. Protects my face and head from intense UV's, rain, hail and bad weather in the warmer months.

I also have a discontinued but very valuable LTM9 green mesh, shorter brim Tilley that I wear traveling and for long fast walks in the intense summer sun, replacing my baseball type caps as the Tilley protects my ears and face better.

Absolutely fantastic hats for what they're designed for... weather, sun, rain, travel.

I have two. One is a really old and beat up Tx something that I wear for camping, hiking, climbing etc. and a much newer TW2 wool one and I'm also considering getting a third one for summer as the first one is so beat up. Mk-ultra, yes they're not cheap but they're pretty much a one time purchase so take that cost and divide it up over say 10 years.

Tilley hat?? Nah I'm not Canadian....

$image.jpeg

Top Bottom