TI Red Stamina Scales...

Discussion in 'The Badger & Blade Marketplace' started by joel, Nov 13, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

$25 Shipped.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Wow... this is pretty....! Did you hone this Joel?! :001_wub:

3. letterk

letterk Moderator Emeritus

If you read the title, it just says scales. I don't believe a blade is included.

4. Sue....This would be an easy one to hone - even for me. It doesn't have a blade. Scales only.:biggrin:

5. Oh

Sorry I will delete that post

6. letterk

letterk Moderator Emeritus

No need to delete, just pointing out it's missing the blade. Others probably missed that as well.

7. I didn't know that this was what scales meant! I thought it was a type or something..... Oh Boy....! lol

Thanks for teaching me!! I guess even I could hone it! lol

8. I am not too familiar with the straits yet. didn't catch in on my part but I'm very interested in starting a strait I have had a strait razor shave and man was it good I figure what Joel is doing is great and I should learn more before diving in. Just a little too excited I guess.

9. In the same boat Mama :biggrin:

10. Yep as stated - just the scales... it is a $40 upgrade on a TI razor, or it can be used on another razor you own/enjoy as an upgrade of its current handle. If it doesn't sell in a day or so, I'll keep it and put it on my 6/8 chronik. :cool:

11. Joel, will any size blade fit in there?

12. rtaylor61

rtaylor61 Moderator Emeritus

I've been looking at these same scales at Classic Shaving...fir $199! Of course, they do still have the blade attached! These would look good on on a properly restored ebay special!

Randy

13. For the most part - yes. Of course, with anything, there are exceptions, and if you have a 1.5 inch thick blade with those scales, it'll look silly, but TI uses those same scales for 5/8, 6/8 and 7/8 TI razors.

14. The leaf and vine TI tickles your fancy eh? I've been thinking about getting another on of 'em.

15. Joel what do these number refer to... 5/8 is this a thickness?? and what is a T1??

Hugs for the teacher!!

Sue (Mama Bear)

16. TI = Thiers Issard

I'll let Joel give the full explanation of razor sizes but 8/8 designates a larger razor (from blade to spine) than 7/8, 6/8, etc.

17. Sue,
    It refers to the width of the blade - IE 4/8 = 4/8 (or 1/2) inch, 8/8 = 1 inch. The "thickness" or grind is more subjective and is referred to as wedge, hollow, half hollow, 1/4 hollow, full hollow, etc. Want to buy some razor scales? :001_tt2:

18. rtaylor61

rtaylor61 Moderator Emeritus

19. hi Joel

I am new to straight razors and not experienced attaching blades to scales. If you were to put a decent old razor on there at a resonable price I would buy it for sure.

Thanks,

Mark