What's new

Thread Hijack Thread`

$avatar386_8.gif

My wife and I each bought a new Snuggi this morning. Do you think these would be OK to wear to the Captain's Dinner on a Carribean cruise ship?

$0000173_snuggie-up-bikini-bathing-suit.jpg

That got me thinking the other day, back when I found some stuff down in the crack between the driver's seat and the console, before we realized we had forgotten something at the store but it was too late to do anything about it, that I still prefer paper lists to mobile apps, and that I think apps are too expensive for the amount of food you get, although sometimes we've been known to order nothing but apps for lunch, you know, if money is a little tight but we still want to go out, like if it's an evening the kids are with my parents, which doesn't happen as often now that we have the little one, although he's getting easier to handle now, but then again my parents are getting older at there same rate he is, unless you measure that as a percentage of total life spent, which is actually sort of a depressing way to think about your age, especially if you count it as a percentage of total life expectancy, and I'm not even old yet, although every once in a while something happens to make me feel a little older, like realizing 9/11 was almost fifteen years ago or seeing a Facebook picture of my daughter with her learner's permit, even though her mom blocked me from her Facebook years ago for no reason and I only see those pictures by my wife looking at her step-dad's page, and I'll let you figure out that dangling modifier, assuming you actually learned English grammar in school, unlike me who learned most of it second-hand in foreign language classes, which is a little ironic if you ask me, and which always frustrates my parents as they teach Spanish and Latin, that native-born English speakers go through school without learning the basics of how their own language works, because we all just sort of assume people intuitively pick up on the grammar, but they don't, but let's not get started on the current state of education in this country, or why people scoff at homeschooling, as if we as a society no longer trust parents to have responsibility for their own children's upbringing, instead insisting that government standards are the mark we all must measure our kids against, which sounds really un-American if you ask me, but then again we've let a lot of American ideals lapse over the years, especially recently, and we've tacitly allowed the government and police to basically tell us how to live every fraction of our lives, which is why it's refreshing to travel to Mexico, where people don't live their lives trying to make every bit of them measure up the legal code, even if they're becoming more like America all the time, except out in the small towns in the middle of nowhere, which is where we're planning to work this summer, assuming we can find another interested church member with four-wheel drive, but at least we've got our new-to-us Pathfinder, which should have no trouble on the desert roads, even if it wasn't the off-road package the dealer had advertised on their website, and I'm still glad we got it, especially since it was at least $1000 under-priced and in good condition too, and that got me thinking the other day, back when I found some stuff down in the crack between the driver's seat and the console. . . .

I never find any good stuff in the crack between the driver's seat and the console. Maybe I should carry more stuff in my pocket so it can fall out.

I never find any good stuff in the crack between the driver's seat and the console. Maybe I should carry more stuff in my pocket so it can fall out.

It was a package of brownies, the kind you get at the convenience store. A week after we bought the car. LOL.

Top Bottom