What's new

Thoughts on Royal Copenhagen

Back in 1986 I received a bottle which may have been a cologne instead of an aftershave but really enjoyed the scent. Recently started acquiring more aftershaves and got a 3/4 full bottle of their aftershave and not sure if it's what I remembered or maybe my scent appreciation has changed. May also have been altered by age or someone along it's line of ownership since it was opened. Also may just be because it was an aftershave verses a cologne. Anyway I thought I'd check thoughts on here and search pulls up nothing but an error code, which seemed odd to me. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this one. Like it, hate it, etc.

I had the Musk Oil,they had to change the name along the way and dropped the Oil.I loved the stuff back in the day and the formula has changed for all of them I believe.I bought a few bottles off the bay of the old stuff and its exactly as I remember,there are some memories within that scent for me.I bought a new bottle of both(regular and musk) and its just not the same.Try to find a vintage bottle.I have a vintage Musk Oil after shave too, and its still good.

I have the aftershave version. I liked it on first wear, seemed to last quite a long way through the morning. After about the third wear I found it a little off-putting though. A little too "perfumy" maybe. Weird I know. I'm still hanging on to it though as I know how our interests in scents can change.

One of my go to scents back in the 70's. I bought a bottle last year, and it wasn't the same. Re-formulated. Seems all the old fragrances of years past have lost a lot of their ump, for lack of a better term. Sometimes change is not always a good thing.

M

Member 113878

Powdery aldehydic floral, and very synthetic. At least the current version.

One of my go to scents back in the 70's. I bought a bottle last year, and it wasn't the same. Re-formulated. Seems all the old fragrances of years past have lost a lot of their ump, for lack of a better term. Sometimes change is not always a good thing.
This was pretty much my take. Thanks for the responses gentlemen

I recently picked up a bottle of the new stuff from Amazon. While not my favorite AS, I find it pleasant to wear. I will be keeping it around. The 8oz. bottle is going to last me a while.

Top Bottom