What's new

There is NO better soap that MWF! Period.

The fat wasn't for me. If I want the benefits of lanolin I use one of the numerous artisan tallow soaps like Mikes, Eufros, Phoenix and Beau, etc... They are less finicky to lather & have as good or better post shave. I also couldn't dig the scent of the fat. I thought it smelled like an old person but to each his own.

Just had a great shave with "The Fat". A light, but dense lather with a mild soapy scent. It's one of my favourite soaps for sure.

mwf is great.
its one of only a couple i have repurchased when finished.

i even got the cool ceramic container this time around.

i have been faithfully trying to use up another brand i have and after that...i'm all mwf for a couple months

I agree MWF is one of the best out there. I'm at the very end of my third puck, just ordered another one last night.

I'm glad the my December purchase of very $$$ Martin de Candre Rose soap kicked me over the edge into a three-month restraint. I need no more soaps, I keep reminding myself, and could anything be possibly better than MdC Rose?

Besides, it's rose season here in my West Coast den.

Congratulations on finding the right soap for you.

For me that is Tabac,great soap, great fragrance.
Man, I never could get into Tabac. The fragrance to me was reminiscent of the inside of an old lady's purse. Something like moth balls and rose water. :07: I did get a great test lather from it, so I'm sure it's a great performer, but I couldn't even force myself to apply it to my face due to the nauseating scent. To each his own! Glad you enjoy it!

Classic case of the cliché YMMV.
I ended up using the one and only puck I bought of MWF as a shampoo bar.
Fluffy, airy lather and a milky herbal scent.
I'm out...permanently

Both are terrific IMHO!

I give the nod to Haslinger's because it is definitely easier to lather and I prefer the scent options. But this is truly YMMV! Two of the very best out there! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

I always got the best results from MWF. When I first joined B&B about 5 years ago, I asked the question, What is the best puck of soap and the over whelming answer was MWF. I believe it is still the best. The first time I used it I pucked lathered and it performed great. It always performs great. Works great in my scuttle as well.

Lather_MWF.JPG

As better is the enemy of good, I would not want to make astatement like that.

The Fat is good, very good indeed, but I see also no point to rate my preferred soaps and rather leave it to my early morning mood to pick the soap that I like best that day.
And there are many worthy contenders...

B.

To each his own and YMMV.
MWF an I don't see eye to eye and not in agreement as to what a good lather should be, so I'll stick with Tabac, Old Spice when I can get my hands on it, and other easier to get along with soaps.

Top Bottom