What's new

The Washington Redskins

NYG at Philly is going to be a very big game next week.

Eli will be killed.

Love that "inner monologue"-video!:lol:

I cant get over the fact that Vick killed those dogs. It would have been easier if he had killed humans. Killing dogs is like killing babies. Trusting semi-intelligent creatures who only wants to cuddle and be your friend and then you stab a knife in their back...

On the other hand, if he keeps playing like this we're winning the Superbowl.
Maybe it would have been better playing Kolb and not making the playoffs.

I hate it when the QB, in this case 5, throws INT's because the receiver (in better position) doesnt go for the ball but the defender (in worse position) does.
Speaking of WR's, I must have read ten different experts blaming Brett Favres struggles on his WR-corps in a "-No wonder! With those guys!" and those guys are among the top seven WR Donovan ever had in Philadelphia.
Weird, huh?

Go Eagles and Redskins

There's an article on ESPN.com about how if the Skins waive McNabb after this season, they only have to pay him $3.75 M. I hate to say it, but I think that's the way to go. As I've said numerous times, I've always liked the guy, but he's always been fickle and, right now, he's not playing well. Now, I know he doesn't have many weapons, but to me, that's more of a reason to let him go. This team needs to build from the ground up, through the draft. McNabb wants to win a Super Bowl and we're not going to be in that position for several years. There's no point in having a marquee QB if you can't surround him with marquee play makers. Furthermore, he's 34. I think it's better to let him go and draft a young QB to build around. Better for everyone involved. I never really understood why they brought him in in the first place, but warmed up to him, because it's hard not to.

I agree about the dog killing thing. It makes it hard to like Vick. I'd like to say "forgive and forget," but it's always in the back of your mind. Part of you think it's great that this guy has a feel good, comeback story, but you can't get over that he killed those dogs and it tempers your enthusiasm for him. I believe in giving him a second chance, but I don't think I'll ever be able to root for him.

I'd say we're already pretty blown up. Our entire offense is patchwork with the exception of the tight ends and quarterback. The defense is awful. Historically awful. I am 100% in favor of canning Haslett and returning to the 4-3. I almost never think that a coach should be fired after one year, but this is, as I said, historically awful. It is time for Haynesworth to go. Shanahan needs to stop being stubborn about this.

We also need to figure out what we're going to do about McNabb. I assume this guy wants to win a Super Bowl. Is he going to be patient and wait for us to build around him via the draft? Or are we going to say "to hell with that" and start trying to bring in marquee free agents as we have every off season since Snyder took over? It doesn't make any sense to pay McNabb all that money and have him throw to Anthony Armstrong. (I just realized I have no idea who our third string receiver is. Is it Joey Galloway? Seriously, I have no idea who it is.) If we drop McNabb, who do we go with? I don't follow college, so I don't know who's coming out this year.

I'm still optimistic about Shannahan (even after his son knocked the challenge flag out of his hand :lol:)
Could they get Cam Newton? We've had a rookie Auburn QB before.
McNabb's a good QB but he needs someone to throw to other than Moss and Cooley. I wouldn't mind seeing him another year if we didn't have to commit to him in the long term. The offense needs a running game and a solid line. Portis is over, no sense in bringing him back only to sit on the injury list. Haynesworth has got to go.

Well as I always seem say about this time... I'm looking forward to next year.
I only hope that Dallas doesn't steal third place from us.

Well at least they off loaded that pig Haynesworth for the rest of the season. What a miserable pile of s**t. Good riddance.

I'm still optimistic about Shannahan (even after his son knocked the challenge flag out of his hand :lol:)
Could they get Cam Newton? We've had a rookie Auburn QB before.
McNabb's a good QB but he needs someone to throw to other than Moss and Cooley. I wouldn't mind seeing him another year if we didn't have to commit to him in the long term. The offense needs a running game and a solid line. Portis is over, no sense in bringing him back only to sit on the injury list. Haynesworth has got to go.

Well as I always seem say about this time... I'm looking forward to next year.
I only hope that Dallas doesn't steal third place from us.

Sadly, I think it's coming.

I have no problems retaining McNabb, but it seems pointless if we don't do anything to help him. It would be like if the Carolina Panthers had picked up Randy Moss off waivers. Sure, he helps the team, but he can't fix it. McNabb was never the missing piece of the puzzle. There are too many other problems.

What a mess this franchise is. It seems McNabb is on his way out of town. Maybe we can just throw the next three games and try and get this Andrew Luck kid. I like his last name and he's from Washington, D.C. It's a great fit. Think of all the headlines the Post can write: "Redskins get Luck(y)!" "With a little bit of Luck..." "Shanahan feeling Luck(y)."

I'm trying to be optimistic here. What was the point of bringing McNabb in? I wondered this on Easter. As I've maintained throughout the season, I've got no problems with McNabb, but to bring in a Pro Bowl QB and surround him with garbage is pointless. The real winner is Andy Reid who looks like a good guy by trading McNabb to a storied franchise and has one of the NFL's best quarterbacks in Vick. Ugh...

I don't like it at all. I can understand if they want to dump McNabb after the season, but let the guy finish the season. Rex Grossman is not the answer. If Rex Grossman is our starting quarterback next season, I will root for the New York Giants. I've lived in NYC for four years and I am sick of the Redskins' idiocy. I really am. It's one thing to let McNabb go at the end of the season, it's another to bench him in the middle of the season and start Rex Grossman. The season is over. Rex Grossman is not young. He is not going to turn into Philip Rivers or Drew Brees. There is absolutely no reason to be doing this. It's a slap in the face to McNabb, who has done his best with what they've given him. It's disrespectful. I don't care how bad his numbers are.

I've reached the conclusion that Washington is the victim of some monstrous curse. Good players and coaches come here to rot away. They only shake off the stigma after they've left. We are where talent comes to die. Has any franchise in the league been as poorly managed as the Redskins? Someone might say the Raiders, but the Raiders were good several years ago when they had Rich Gannon, Jerry Rice and Jon Gruden was the coach. We've not been good since Jack Kent Cook. And yet, few teams publicly try as hard. We brought in a two time Super Bowl winning coach and a Pro Bowl QB and... Good God. Who cares? I'm about fed up.

I saw a graphic on NFLnetwork that gave some clues as to what is wrong in Washington.
Donovan has never thrown as many int's in his career, td's and completions are down to what he had during his rookie year...

Is this due to some strange collapse on McNabbs part or could it be that the offensive coordinator still hasnt realised that you have to adapt the system to the players, no matter which players you have.

I feel sorry for redskins fans.

Well, I don't know what to say now... Rex Grossman just served me a slice of humble pie. Of course, it was against a lousy Dallas team and we still lost, but it was a pretty good performance...

Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut from now on...

Well, I don't know what to say now... Rex Grossman just served me a slice of humble pie. Of course, it was against a lousy Dallas team and we still lost, but it was a pretty good performance...

Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut from now on...

I remember grossman from chicago as never being consistent. He had some good games but ultimately more interceptions that receptions. I don't see him ever being more than a backup.
I think mcnabb should have finished the year out even if they don't want to keep him. (or maybe only keep him to call the coin tosses :confused1)

Well I'm offically rooting for the Vick's Eagles for the superbowl (over the Pats). :thumbup1:

Top Bottom