What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke thread IX- BBQ at the B&B

I couldn't decide which of God's creatures to honor today, so I went with a pork loin, beef back ribs, and chicken thighs with my rub over hickory and apple wood.

proxy.php

I couldn't decide which of God's creatures to honor today, so I went with a pork loin, beef back ribs, and chicken thighs with my rub over hickory and apple wood.
Those are some healthy-lookin beef ribs, I'm hoping for some pics of the finished product when the time comes...

Those are some healthy-lookin beef ribs, I'm hoping for some pics of the finished product when the time comes...

The chicken thighs and beef back ribs came out really well. The pork loin had a great flavor but came out a bit dry because it was so lean.

proxy.php

Hey guys! I've been AWOL from the Mess Hall and B&B for a while (easier to stay on the no-shaving-purchase bandwagon with being offline :001_smile) but I had to show you this!

A friend of mine has a small farm where (among other things) they raise about 30 pigs a year. Free range happy pigs! Ever wonder what the difference is between "real" pork and commercially farmed pork? How about bacon that's almost all meat? :w00t:

Cured and smoked a batch of this small farm pork belly, and here are the results! In the last pic, look at all that meat and almost no fat! To be honest, I wish it had a little more fat, but man it's still great!

IMG_8560.JPG by cxg231, on Flickr

IMG_8561.JPG by cxg231, on Flickr

IMG_8564.JPG by cxg231, on Flickr

IMG_5160.JPG

Smoking a pork shoulder is always a good idea, but doing so when the temperature is in the 40s requires significantly more effort. Nonetheless, the WSM gets the job done once more

Just put a chicken on the smoker. It was bathing in a good sweet and spicy brine since Saturday night!!

I'll have to try loading pics in about an hour.

Hey guys! I've been AWOL from the Mess Hall and B&B for a while (easier to stay on the no-shaving-purchase bandwagon with being offline :001_smile) but I had to show you this!

A friend of mine has a small farm where (among other things) they raise about 30 pigs a year. Free range happy pigs! Ever wonder what the difference is between "real" pork and commercially farmed pork? How about bacon that's almost all meat? :w00t:

Cured and smoked a batch of this small farm pork belly, and here are the results! In the last pic, look at all that meat and almost no fat! To be honest, I wish it had a little more fat, but man it's still great!
IMG_8564.JPG by cxg231, on Flickr

That is a sight to behold, beautiful!
dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
IMG_3185.JPG IMG_3178.JPG
Earl Campbell hot links, Nathan's Hot Dogs, chicken, and hamburger. One more to come. Hint- Kroger had them on sale.

Top Bottom