What's new

The Sprout-2017

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I wanted this for Christmas but Valentines will do. It's a Gorilla cart. 1200 lb. capacity with a dump feature.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Todays harvest, a bit of this and that. Early Girl, Russian Reds, Tommy Toe, Golden cherry and sweet 100 cherry tomatoes.

20170218_101546.jpg

20170218_100536.jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Wow talk about abundance.

I was just looking at my seed starting trays. The domes are a bit yellowed and brittle but I think I'm good for another year.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Wow talk about abundance.

I was just looking at my seed starting trays. The domes are a bit yellowed and brittle but I think I'm good for another year.

Is it starting to warm up, up your way Mike.

Yeah I'm going to have heaps for tomatoes soon.
Started on the bowl with some salsa. The wife has been taking some tomatoes to work and sharing with her workmates.

20170218_170205.jpg

As of now, I'm thinking bout trying to till up some fresh ground tomorrow.

How much ground are you going to turn over Jason? I find that the worst part of getting a garden going. Maybe @simon1 could lend you his rotary hoe. :w00t:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have a tiler similar to this one. I'd estimate.....20x40? I'm probably over estimating. I'll take some pics tomorrow

26224_2000x2000.jpeg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
We don't plant much outside until the end of May. That being said I've still had some frost damage about 2 of the last 5 years.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
We had frost this morning. Ground may be to hard still. I'll find out in about 13 hours

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've got 2.5 acres. Most of it is rocky soil or straight up rock. The other part is a leach field, which I don't want to plant over. The only area I really have is a square between the driveway, shed, and carport.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I have a tiler similar to this one. I'd estimate.....20x40? I'm probably over estimating. I'll take some pics tomorrow

View attachment 762457

That looks just the ticket. I was contemptating hiring one this season but ended up using a spade. Oh well I needed the exercise anyway. Maybe next year.

We don't plant much outside until the end of May. That being said I've still had some frost damage about 2 of the last 5 years.

The way time is flying (well it is for me), it will be May in no time.
I have a few tomato seedling almost ready to go into the poly tunnel. We have mild winters here and I want to see if I could pull off a @DoctorShavegood and have winter tomatoes.

Top Bottom