What's new

The Order of the Fat

The naming contest is done and the MWF in a ceramic tub has been awarded to the winning entry. The purpose here is to create a landing zone for TOF members. So, how's your Fat?

I am in the middle of a 15 day business trip. I brought along a puck of MWF molded into a WCS screw-top tin. Works, fine it does.

I also have my new Simpson Special Pure Badger brush in hand. It loves da Fat and da Fat loves my Simpson.

I have my new Weber PH loaded with an Israeli Personna. My shaves have been cosistent and smooth.

My Dirty Bird travel scuttle is not working out. The top is just too small for me to work up a proper lather, even with a brush as small as a Simpson Special. It is a beautiful piece of pottery, but not for me. It will be retired to a place of honor in shave den.

Next trip, either a WCS hand-thrown lather bowl, or just purchased a hand-thrown WCS apothecary mug.

Long live the Fat.

Pierce

I am a proud member of The Order of the Fat, the honored recipient of the MWF with ceramic dish, and vociferous crier of the joys of The Fat!

I started this week with a Mitchell's Wool Fat Monday! It was tallowy and exceptional. I used my EJ DE89, Simpson's Commodor XL3, Astra SP blade, and my G5 Scuttle.

I'm Fat and I'm Proud!

Mitchell's Wool Fat is one of my favorite soaps and will always be in my rotation. It's one of those soaps that I am always thinking about getting another refill puck of..... you can never have too much in the den. I also have the Kent version in the dark wooden bowl. It's a classic and timeless soap that gets the job done in the best way and leaves your face feeling great without all the flash and dazzle. One scent, one soap, one FAT. It lets the results do the talking. I'm a proud member.

Ben

I used MWF everyday last week and really got to know it. I love the scent, I love the rich lather, and I love the smooth feel of my skin afterwards. It is a product that I will get again and again without question. I pressed it into a glass Anchor Hawking bowl and it is a great fit. This way if I have to travel, I can take it with me with ease.

I am a proud member of The Order of the Fat, the honored recipient of the MWF with ceramic dish, and vociferous crier of the joys of The Fat!

I started this week with a Mitchell's Wool Fat Monday! It was tallowy and exceptional. I used my EJ DE89, Simpson's Commodor XL3, Astra SP blade, and my G5 Scuttle.

I'm Fat and I'm Proud!
Congratulations on your award. In keeping with the protocol suggested by the initials MWF I started the week with a thoroughly enjoyable face lathering of the Holy Fat and could not help recalling the immortal line from "Henry V" with a slight modification. "For he who lathers his Fat with me to-day shall be my brother, be he ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his shave. And gentlemen with razors now in hand shall think themselves accursed they did not lather thus and hold the burned flesh upon their necks when any who lathered Fat do smile in fond rememberance of this shave." I'm quite proud to be a member of an order that includes Riff Raf.

Congratulations on your award. In keeping with the protocol suggested by the initials MWF I started the week with a thoroughly enjoyable face lathering of the Holy Fat and could not help recalling the immortal line from "Henry V" with a slight modification. "For he who lathers his Fat with me to-day shall be my brother, be he ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his shave. And gentlemen with razors now in hand shall think themselves accursed they did not lather thus and hold the burned flesh upon their necks when any who lathered Fat do smile in fond rememberance of this shave." I'm quite proud to be a member of an order that includes Riff Raf.

Well said fair Exeter! For those abed shall count their manhoods cheap, for they did not shave with the Fat with us on this day!

Well said, indeed!

Lazing on a semi-vacation in Chicago. I have an upcoming rendezvous with the Fat and my Weber PH/Crystal blade. Monday, Wednesday, Friday works for me.

In keeping with the protocol suggested by the initials MWF I started the week with a thoroughly enjoyable face lathering of the Holy Fat and could not help recalling the immortal line from "Henry V" with a slight modification. "For he who lathers his Fat with me to-day shall be my brother, be he ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his shave. And gentlemen with razors now in hand shall think themselves accursed they did not lather thus and hold the burned flesh upon their necks when any who lathered Fat do smile in fond rememberance of this shave." I'm quite proud to be a member of an order that includes Riff Raf.

I think that is a wonderful idea! I'm in!

Lazing on a semi-vacation in Chicago. I have an upcoming rendezvous with the Fat and my Weber PH/Crystal blade. Monday, Wednesday, Friday works for me.

Amen to that, brother!

MWF is and will always have a spot in my den. I always keep 2 pucks in reserve, just in case.:thumbup:

You can never be too careful when it comes to The Fat and the zombie apocolypse! I may need to get another puck!:001_smile

Last edited:

Well said fair Exeter! For those abed shall count their manhoods cheap, for they did not shave with the Fat with us on this day!

Well said, indeed!

haha

Well said!:thumbup:

I do like MWF. Always in my den. For the summer months however it'll take a rest: heat somehow eliminates its subtle scent.

I have been thinking about it. I am currently enjoying Mike's bath soap. But I have already suffered BSAD (Bath Soap Acquisition Disorder).i have more Mike's on the way. But I expect to be ordering some soon...or...I am making my first pilgrimage to Merz Apothecary in Chicago this week. If they have it MWF-BS, I will buy.

I'm curious - anyone use the bath soap [bar] of the Fat? Seems it might be a really nice, moisturizing soap - especially during the winter months.

Although I am greatly enjoying my shaves with DR Harris soaps at the moment, there are certainly plenty of other great products out there. Next year will possibly see me do the 3017 treatment on MdC, Da Fat (again), Tabac and a C&S puck.

I have been thinking about it. I am currently enjoying Mike's bath soap. But I have already suffered BSAD (Bath Soap Acquisition Disorder).i have more Mike's on the way. But I expect to be ordering some soon...or...I am making my first pilgrimage to Merz Apothecary in Chicago this week. If they have it MWF-BS, I will buy.

I am pretty sure they have it Pierce. They have it at Smallflower.com which is their online shop.

If Merz has it, I will be coming away with bar of da Fat bath soap. I probably won't give it a test drive until I return home...so July 3rd. No way to store it opened. I have a WCS screw-top tin with me with Mike's bath soap and shampoo. With my various ADs and lots of travel, there's almost always something waiting for me when I get home. This time I am bringing something back with me.

Top Bottom