The NJ incident of 2012

Discussion in 'Gatherings and Get-Togethers' started by MoeTrain, Jul 13, 2012.

1. This is my official proposal for a meetup this year (after August 17ish is when I will be moved in and settled down hopefully) In the northern Jersey area if that works for you all?

2. Jim

Jim Moderator

I'm in.

3. Sounds good to me. I had a lot of fun at the Martino's Meet-up.

4. Are we speaking of the Paramus area? Is this open to your B & B Pennsylvania brethren?

5. Jim

Jim Moderator

Only if you bring your daschound!

6. If you'll have me, I'd be happy to come by. I need a break from Philly.

7. How far north jersey?

8. alex2363

alex2363 Contributor

piscataway, Bergen, Hoboken, Orange?

9. Depending on when, I might try to make it. I'll be in New Jersey not long after you get moved in.

10. I'd probably be able to make it.

11. Depending on the actual date that is set, I will try to make it.

12. I think it's about time we had another.

13. Depending on the date, I'm in.

14. SiBurning

SiBurning Steward Contributor

Mainland.

Pfft!

15. Late August - early September and somewhere a country boy can drive to. I'll be coming from Orange.
    That's all I had, i'll leave the rest to the locals ;)

16. OK Gents, you heard him. Let's get a list of some places. Star Tavern is in West Orange, it could be in one of the other Oranges, I can never remember.

I know a nice family owned Irish Pub/Restaurant in Wayne that should be able to accomodate us. www.grasshoppertoo.com I'm a big fan of the "Hopper Burger"

17. Too far for me but I will be there in spirit

18. How about Harold's New York Deli? The food's awesome and it's in a slightly somewhat vaguely kinda more central position in jersey and right off the NJTP to make it more easily accessible to NJ members that don't live in Orange.
    http://www.haroldsfamousdeli.com

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  19. Harold's is great, but isn't the place usually packed. Don't know if they'd allow us the time and space. The last time was close to me and I don't get out much, so I'll let others decide. I can go north or south. The Irish place sounds good, but pretty far north for the southern guys. Heck I could even go for Rutt's Hut (2010) again but that is also north.

20. Yeah, I'm not saying to have it in AC or anything, just somewhere that's a little more accessible to those of us coming from the SJ area. I remember having to run up to Elizabeth for work one day and even at 120 on the TP the drive took FOREVER! I can't imagine what it would be like to have to go further only doing 70.