What's new

The New York Mets

Don't worry Metropolitans, we shall avenge you.

CUBS.
KID.
WIFE.

In THAT order.

Honestly, the Giants scare the bejeebers out me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to play for the Seattle Mariners and every January, I still feel as if I need to report to spring training in AZ. Or maybe I just miss it? lol. Either way, there's nothing like a new year and a new season. I remember the feeling of reporting back to spring training was like a big family reunion.

I used to play for the Seattle Mariners and every January, I still feel as if I need to report to spring training in AZ. Or maybe I just miss it? lol. Either way, there's nothing like a new year and a new season. I remember the feeling of reporting back to spring training was like a big family reunion.

Everyone has a shot at winning it all on opening day.

Cool post and welcome to Badger & Blade.

I'll be spending a week in March (11-18) in Florida with a few buddies from New York and Florida (all huge Met fans, as I am) at Mets Spring Training!!

I'm really looking forward to this trip. I'm sure I'll post a few pictures.

A Spring Training road trip has always been on my wife's and my to-do-before-we-die list, but since both of us don't react well to direct sunlight, it's been forever put on the back burner. There's an old Woody Allen line that sums up our mutual pigmentation...If we get too much sun we don't tan or burn, we stroke.
A week going all over Florida or Arizona in March, hitting several games a day, sounds like Heaven. We have considered it over the past few years, and would lean towards the Cactus League to see more west coast teams. Are the Arizona games as easy to travel than Florida? The Toronto and Philadelphia camps are apparently ten minutes away from each other, it seems, with other camps not much further.

A Spring Training road trip has always been on my wife's and my to-do-before-we-die list, but since both of us don't react well to direct sunlight, it's been forever put on the back burner. There's an old Woody Allen line that sums up our mutual pigmentation...If we get too much sun we don't tan or burn, we stroke.
A week going all over Florida or Arizona in March, hitting several games a day, sounds like Heaven. We have considered it over the past few years, and would lean towards the Cactus League to see more west coast teams. Are the Arizona games as easy to travel than Florida? The Toronto and Philadelphia camps are apparently ten minutes away from each other, it seems, with other camps not much further.

The Arizona games are very easy to travel to. There are some camps that are on the west side of the Phoenix metro area, but even those are within 45 minutes drive from downtown Phoenix.

I have several friends who do the Arizona Spring Training road trip (it's not that far from Los Angeles!). They all say just about all of the games are within an hour of Phoenix.

As a Phillies fan, I disagree with the New York Mets thread becoming the official baseball thread, but the Phillies stink so what can I do about it... :thumbdown

That being said, let's play ball! I'm definitely second guessing my decision to take a golf trip to NC rather than a spring training trip to FL...

Top Bottom