What's new

The MMA Thread

Without the T, I don't expect Chael to be much of a factor anymore. Now I don't know what kind of testing Bellator has, but if it's at all strict. Sadly Chael will only be dangerous on a mic.

A really nice way to cap off a career. Chael never won a title, but he was always dangerous and a win over him is still, to me, a pretty big feather in your cap. I always hated Tito's persona. I always found him both hard to listen to(mostly due to him not being able to get a meaningful sentence out), but when I saw the way he really is, and how he acted as a coach on TUF(in my opinion one of, if not the best and most admirable of the whole lot) it really softened me up to him.

Those on the jaw RNC's can be brutal. The best example I can think of was Ricardo Arona vs. Sergey Ignatov. Ricardo was so damn strong.

+1. I never cared much for Tito until I saw him coach. It changed my opinion of him, if only temporarily.

I really like both Dennis and Jung, so I was bummed that someone had to lose, but I'm glad to see Jung hasn't lost his step. He was getting lit up at first, though, and I think Dennis could have finished him if he'd pressured more.

I watched the card today. The fights were pretty good. Angela Hill looked great even though she lost. I'm a zombie fan, I expected ring rust to be more of a factor.

The hurt business. Great documentary on Netflix about ufc fighters.

I dislike this new layout, way too bright to look at night.

Well, that womens featherweight title will always have an asterisk next to it. It's beyond my level of comprehension how she didn't get two points deducted after hitting holm after the bell in two different occasions.

I haven't seen the fight, from what I've read it sounds very controversial. If the second late blow staggered Holm the ref should have deducted a point.

And I agree with you on the layout, it's too bright.

Well, that womens featherweight title will always have an asterisk next to it. It's beyond my level of comprehension how she didn't get two points deducted after hitting holm after the bell in two different occasions.
Agreed. I don't think Holly would have won, but that's speculation on my part. One of the after-the-bell hits rocked her. I can't stand dirty fighters.

I haven't seen the fight, from what I've read it sounds very controversial. If the second late blow staggered Holm the ref should have deducted a point.

And I agree with you on the layout, it's too bright.
Reason i say it should have been two, was because the first time she hit her after the bell, she hit holm twice as the second hit wobbled holm bad.

The second time after the bell . She just kept punching, and she had a smile on her face after she did that. And that, in my opinion. Was intentional.

Reason i say it should have been two, was because the first time she hit her after the bell, she hit holm twice as the second hit wobbled holm bad.

The second time after the bell . She just kept punching, and she had a smile on her face after she did that. And that, in my opinion. Was intentional.

After watching the replay I agree with you. It looked like GdR was trying to swarm her after the bell and had no intention of stopping the second time. I think she realized that she could get away with it after nothing happened the first time.

Top Bottom