What's new

The Great Indoors

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It's getting that time of year to snuggle up next to a warm fire with a mug of hot chocolate...or a bit of single malt scotch.

What's your cozy spot for these cold winter evenings?

$IMG_0002.jpg

$IMG_0004.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The calico knows! :bayrum2:

"Rudolf" is on tonight, hate to admit the cold's keeping me from some astronomy.

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Yup...Rudolf and Mary Poppins are on.

I'm waiting for Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life to come on this year.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Out at the ranch sitting in the blind, heater on, and listening to all the nothing. So relaxing. It is so quiet. So beautiful. I can sit here all night long and not fall asleep. Just relax my mind! Especially tonight with the cold and drizzle. Even if some hogs come out I probably won't take a shot. Just watch them and enjoy.
Dang but ain't life good!
Thanks for this thread. It has made me realize just how lucky I am.
marty

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Yeah guys...it's time to get into the spirit.

I just finished off some beef stew that SWMBO made, along with some cornbread. I think I'll make a mug of hot chocolate, with marshmallows of course, and finish watching Mary Poppins. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

The calico knows! :bayrum2:

"Rudolf" is on tonight, hate to admit the cold's keeping me from some astronomy.

AA

Yup...the calico knows...and with it being hot chocolate season it's kinda funny. Her name is Cocoa...named her that because it looks like she spilled some hot chocolate on one side of her face. Kinda sorta.

She showed up a couple of years ago on the front porch after dark, in the pouring down rain and soaking wet, when she was about 8 weeks old. SWMBO opened the door to look at her and she darted into the house, jumped up on the back of my recliner, and has since taken over the entire house. :lol:

If you watch closely...in It's a Wonderful Life you can see Jimmy Stewart smoking a pipe in his shadow on a newspaper. I think I'll pull out Dad's old pipe and load it up with Carter Hall when that comes on.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ah. Thread gave me the motivation to go out ... Moon was washing out most stars, and the faint (Messier) objects I look for with the 20x80s.

But the twinkle of the rising stars betrayed their wonderful colors ... Coppery-red Betelgeuse, golden Capella, icy blue Rigel.

As Charles Shultze knew, when he drew "Charlie Brown Christmas" ... Notice the twinkling stars when Charles realizes the meaning of it all.

Eternal beauty as witness.

AA

My wife and I have a tradition where we stay at home Christmas Eve and watch all of the Christmas episodes of our favorite shows: the office, parks and rec, it's always sunny in philadelphia, futurama, 30 rock... Just to name a few.

We also don't have kids and live about 15 hrs away from our family so we are afforded time to do so.

Top Bottom