What's new

The Graveyard!

Finally emptied my first bottle of SCS Med. Citrus Splash.

Of course I only poured it into a smaller bottle for travelling.:frown:

Thayer's original: can't live without it, bought more immediately. In the meantime, I used the Thayer's alcohol-free Lavender.

Like crankymoose, AOS sandalwood shave cream: I like this stuff; I used it exclusively for a while until I discovered B&B, and then it became increasingly difficult to finish any shave product off, since I had so many to sample.

Again like crankymoose, AOS sandalwood after-shave balm: this stuff is magic. It's expensive, but it's magic. It also smells really nice, and I'm not a cologne user, so provided it's not trying to duke it out with TOBS Mr. Taylor scent, the sandalwood smells great but isn't very strong.

I regularly use up Neutrogena triple=protect, as it is my everyday after-shave balm.

Great idea for a thread!

I finally finished my first soap. Mama Bear's Tuscan Memories. :frown: I really liked that soap too. Oh well, I guess that means that I can get more soap!:w00t:

J

Jarmo P

I changed to a new Tabac bowl+puck after 10 months of usage.
There is still something there as in castlecravers one, but too hard and perhaps detrimental for brush to load.

It looks like there's more left in there than there actually was. Mostly just residue smeared around the edges from the final scrape being spatula-ed out.

Just finished a tub of SCS Tea Tree shaving cream and a few weeks ago finished up a Susie's Bubbles Tea Tree Shaving Soap.

It is eye opening when looking back at the last three years of shaving and learning the wonders of this art and realizing just how little product I've finished.

1 puck of Burma Shave (it came with the shave set my sis gave me when I decided I wanted to try all this out, before I knew anything about any of it)
1 puck Col Conk's Almond (good smell, but didn't linger very long)
1 puck Col Conk's Lime (same experience smelled good but didn't linger long enough)

It also wasn't until after those three soaps that I came across B&B and started learning the proper way to do all of this. Those first soaps were all abused by lathering on the soap and not really making a true lather but packing the brush with as much soap paste as I could... so maybe I can't even count them as fairly finished.

It will be 2 years for me next month.

- 2 tubes proraso green shave Cream
- 1 tube of Speick Shave Cream
- 1 tube Casswell Massey greenbriar
- 1 jar proraso pre post
- 3 bottles nivea sensitive AS balm
- 1 bottle Aqua Velva Ice Blue Splash
- 1 bottle Speick AS Splash
- 1 bottle Armani Mania AS Splash
- 1 bottle clubman AS splash

Sniff....it has finally, slowly, interminably gone down the drain; one small glop at a time. It was good stuff, and it was only $27....hmmm. Nah, I've got 50 more similar soaps and some creams that need to be used up. What am I thinking? :biggrin:

finished a bottle of Col Conk Lime after shave, sort of a candy/jello smelling lime but not as much as Boosters but not a crisp lime scent, seems like it had some glycerin in it as it went on a little sticky but no where near as much as skin food, it was my first bottle of the stuff it won't be my last

I just weighed the tub of Proraso Green I'm concentrating on at the moment and I've used a total of 63g out of 147g in the tub (using a balance and a full tub of Proraso white) since July... so this should last well into next year :smile:

Well either I've upped the usage considerably, or (as I suspect) there was more additional moisture in the last bit of it that meant it didn't last so long... still 5 months for a 147g tub isn't exactly bank-breaking stuff.

1 147g tub Proraso green soap bit the dust this evening

1 tub TOBS - Mr.Taylor
1 tub T+H - 1805
1 AOS Aftershave Balm

This took well over a year. I bought a tub of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet and was reluctant to use it due to the cost. I thought about it and then realized the tub will last a year if I used nothing else. The cost works out to about a dollar a week if I used it daily,much cheaper than any canned goo out there. I really could save money if I practiced self control :biggrin:

One can of Old Spice original in the can

One bottle of Meijer witch hazel

I had started both of the above before I returned to DE shaving last spring. Hope this counts. After starting DE shaving again, the Old Spice was used more liberally to use it up, as is the case with the current can of Old Spice sensitive.

There is a weekly shave thrown in with Omega cream in the tube, along with some experiments with ARKO, but the Old Spice isn't that bad as a daily user.

Top Bottom