What's new

The Converter is Empty

The Kaweco Ice Sport with a medium nib ran dry of Kaweco Caramel Brown ink today, and the Franklin-Christoph #29 with a medium italic ran out of Private Reserve Tanzanite.

I used up my last bit of Diamine Autumn Oak tonight, coinciding with most of the nice fall colors waning quickly, and refilled with Noodler's Liberty's Elysium Blue.

A total of six pens got filled today.
Brought into rotation:
Jinhao 599 M Tomahawk stub/Blackstone Sydney Harbour Blue
Lamy Al Star 1.1 stub/Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue
Parker 45 Flighter (14k -EF)/Pelikan 4001 Blue Black (replaced a different 45 Flighter)

Refill - same ink - True Writer Silver Anniversary (F)/Levenger Pomegranate

Refill - ink change -
TWSBI Eco 1.1 stub/Diamine Classic Red
TWSBI 580 B Tomahawk stub/Diamine Sherwood Green

Took out- Noodler's Konrad B -Akkerman Voorhout Violet; Parker 45 Flighter M - Diamine Blue Black; Esterbrook J 2464 - Green Cashmere

Left in: Waterman Phileas M/Noodler's Apache Sunset; Parker 51 SPecial/Diamine Sherwood Green; Pelikan M200 Cognac F/Diamine Saddle Brown; Pelikan M200 blue marbled old style cap - OB/KWZI IG Turquoise

Still a total of 10 inked.

Levenger True Writer "Kyoto" ran out of Hero 232 Blue-Black. Cleaned out and returned to the case. In its place, I just filled my Delta Fusion 82/Chatterly Luxuries LE pen with Rohrer & Klinger Scabiosa.

$IMG_2247.jpg

Diamine Blue Black into my Parker 45 Flighter (which had Pelikan 4001 Blue Black) and Diamine Steel Blue into the Platinum 3776 Century bourgogne replacing Blackstone Green Cashmere.

Didn't really need to but decided to shuffle a couple of inks/pens tonight.

The TWSBI 580 B Tomahawk stub, had Diamine Sherwood Green now has Diamine Saddle Brown
The Pelikan M200 Cognac (F) which had Diamine Saddle Brown now has Diamine Sherwood Green.

Both were getting a little close to a refill or change, but I was feeling the need for a change in both so I did it earlier than planned.

two in the last week
- Lamy Safari Med nib drained of Noodler's Liberty's Elysium (which has become my go to blue ink, though I have only tried 2 or 3 others so far). Cleaned out pen and put away for a while
- TWSBI Eco med drained of Diamine Macassar. I have come to discover that emptying this pen is a feat because it holds SO MUCH ink. I tend to get tired of ink colors in this before the ink runs out, the the Diamine was no exception. I have been using this pen to work my way through the dark brown sampler from Goulet, and I refilled with Graf von Faber-Castell Hazelnut Brown, which I am really enjoying! I have not used an ink with this much shading bfore

2 pens down in the same day!

Lamy Safari Neon Green F nib ran out of Diamine Monaco Red. Refilled with Lamy Neon Green.

Lamy Vista M nib ran out of Diamine Matador. Refilled with Diamine Syrah.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Cleaned out a Pelikan M250 and filled up an early '50s 400 model with some Lamy blue-black. What a nice, friendly bottle compared to some.

Hey J.Herbin, you listening?

Pilot Custom 74 ran dry of KWZI Brown Pink. Flushed and put away.

Platinum 3776 was inked up tonight with KWZI Honey, and a Pilot Metro with some vintage Waterman Island Green.

Top Bottom