What's new

"The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me" Contest

The day I met my wife. We have been together for 9 years now...married for 3. She is a wonderful woman and she understands me wanting to display my brushes!

Without question meeting my wife (for the second time after a long period of time after meeting her the first time). She changed my life in ways that I cannot begin to explain...

The best thing that has happened to me is still happening. My wife and I are expecting our first child in a couple of weeks and to be part of the journey of a new life just feels amazing. Someone wrote that children are the gift that just keep on taking and I'm for one looking forward to be giving a lot to our daughter :biggrin:

I would have to say that the birth of my daughter was the best thing that has ever happened to me...'time' truly stood still for a few moments. :001_wub:

1988, july 26..my birthday... or should I say the only one I count. I was told on this day I had cancer. Surgery, chemo, radiation, and 21 years later. I am still here. My life changed that day. Things that were so important became a lot less important, and things I took for granted became very important. My wife has stood by me every step of the way and has been a great pillar for me. I AM A SURVIVOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best thing that ever happened to me was on my second day at college, when I met a girl who lived on the dorm floor upstairs from me, who I would eventually marry. We've been together for 16 years, and have a beautiful 7-month old daughter, who is the light of our lives.

Everything else that has happened to me in life has been the better for my ability to share it with her.

Mine is sort of coupled with one of the worst things to happen to me. The timeframe is a little ambiguous so bear with me. It was approximately 4 years ago.
I have never had an easy time of making friends, so when every one of them I had made in school turned to binge drinking or harder drugs it hit me really hard. My entire social group was gone within a few months.

Fortunately, that was about the time that my family came together. The teenage squabbles both with our parents and each other had become a thing of the past, and we all became there for each other. The dinners and barbecues and dutch oven cooking weekends replaced everyone having separate lives. We'll joke, and talk tech stuff, and have some wonderful trips such as renting a beach house in Grand Cayman for a week.
I shudder to think about where I might be if this had not happened.

The best thing that ever happened to me was when the mother of my children and the grandmother of my grandbabies became my wife.

CWO "Gunner" Thomas Giambruno.

It took a great deal of thought to make this decision. Gunner taught me to do my absolute best. Even when I wasn't the best, he pushed me and taught me to never give up, never stop giving what you have. He taught me the meaning of teamwork, and esprit de corps.

He led by example, and made sure that his personal standards were an inspiration to everyone under his command. But, he also realized that not everyone met his personal standards. More importantly, he realized that everyone could meet his standard, with motivation and inspiration. Which he was always willing to provide.

If you made a mistake, his disappointment was far worse than any punishment that was coming. He always had time for you, no matter what was going on. But, he earned and demanded the respect of everyone. Even if they didn't like him.

I wonder what he's doing now.

The best thing that ever happened to me was making the decision, as a kid, to surrender my life to Jesus Christ. My faith has guided most of my decisions since then and has yet to lead me to a dark place, even in a dark world. I'm not perfect by any means, but through Christ's leadership I feel like I have lived life in a way that contributes to society.

The best thing that ever happened to me was when my wife said "Yes". My teo children being born are parallel to that event too. I have never looked back and am living a woderful life because of all three of them.

***Mods I have a mailing address in the USA.***

S

Shirshire

I really don't like to think in terms of "best thing" (that's so finite!), but if you were twisting my arm I suppose I'd say that the best thing that ever happened to me was being born into my wonderfully understanding, caring, and close family.

This past summer I went to a conference in the Bay area, I got to be with people just like me. 4 amazing days of bonding. I walked away with new friends and a new perspective.

The best thing that ever happened to me is that my wife agreed to marry me after many trials and tribulations with my family.

We weathered being on opposite sides of the globe for a year and my parents having a huge issue with her diabetes and our being a bi-racial couple.

In the end God worked things out and we got engaged two years after we started dating.

Top Bottom