What's new

The B&B Gentleman's Athletic Club

1 guy putting y**v in his avatar
1 guy kicking my butt in his avatar

and these are the guys pushing me.

I call these guys friends.

You're in. I can tell. (That, and we're all hounding you by PM if you don't post a bmi by next week...)

Let me try to help. With the DePlumpification, will also come loss of those extra chins. Not only will shaving be easier, but those nice expensive creams will last longer, since there is less chin to cover. :biggrin::lol:

Beautiful!

I will post my BMI number.

The conversion factor, if you want to do the math yourselves is 703.08 -

(Weight / Lbs / Lbs) times 703.08 = BMI

196.5/69/69 = 29.02

If I can get down to 22.44 it will be very good.

My input - I think a less formal approach would be best. Ease the requirements of entry. Requiring money doesn't sound like a good idea. Let each person choose their own goal and personal reward for the quarter. We complicate things too much and people will be less likely to join in.

My input - I think a less formal approach would be best. Ease the requirements of entry. Requiring money doesn't sound like a good idea. Let each person choose their own goal and personal reward for the quarter. We complicate things too much and people will be less likely to join in.

You're right Perry. Probably best to keep it simple...

I'm in as far as encouraging each other goes and posting to this or another thread, heck I'll post my BMI too. But having a low BMI isn't my goal. I personally hate the BMI rating. When I was very fit, resting pulse under 50 BPM, my BMI was 28.1 nearly obese.
Call me cheap but I don't want to put any money in the pot.
How about body fat? My home scale has a body fat function on it. I know that it isn't totally accurate but it gives me a good idea of where I stand. That and my waist size.
My goal is weight reduction and an increase in fitness.
I'm currently 5'8" and 215 LBS. The goal is to be down to 190 by July 1st. Thats a weight loss of roughly 4 pounds per month. For the fitness goal, I would really like to be able to run 5 miles in 40 minutes or less and 3 miles in under 22:30.

I work tomorrow so I'll post my info now:

Height 5 feet 8 inches
Weight 215 LBS
Body fat 32.5%
BMI 33.1 obese

Good luck guys!

I'll post goals and numbers tomorrow (or later today when I have a bit of time), but I started on my exercise component today (getting a head start!). Did 20 minutes of walking/jogging and rewarded myself with using my new B&BE! Oh to treat myself like that every time...

Ok, I'm in too! With a BMI of 27.5, I really have some work to do.

I should really lose about 15 lbs to get to the top of my BMI class.

Ok official initial weigh-in:

Height: 6 feet
Weight: 218 lbs
BMI: 29.6 (overweight)
Goal: 190 lbs

Secondary goal: waist < 38 inches

1. Excess lather will drop on the sink and/or counter instead of the ole gut.

2. You can shower, towel off and your face won't be air dried by the time you're done.

3. Fewer Chins = Less Shaving Cream Used

4. Coffee Stains on shirts won't be described as being "Below the horizon."

5. That sharp pain you get when you sit down, because the fat is on the cell phone will not be there anymore.

Brought to you by the man whose doctor had to check the scale and then said, "You carry your fat well."

"Of course", I said, "I have good fattitude!" :biggrin:

1. Excess lather will drop on the sink and/or counter instead of the ole gut.

2. You can shower, towel off and your face won't be air dried by the time you're done.

3. Fewer Chins = Less Shaving Cream Used

4. Coffee Stains on shirts won't be described as being "Below the horizon."

5. That sharp pain you get when you sit down, because the fat is on the cell phone will not be there anymore.

Brought to you by the man whose doctor had to check the scale and then said, "You carry your fat well."

"Of course", I said, "I have good fattitude!" :biggrin:

Then what am I going to use to shave my fat gut. :lol:

This has been brought to you by the man who can't be weighed at his doctor's office anymore because the scale doesn't go that high.

I want to lose weight because I have a full wardrobe of nice clothes that no longer fits my fat ***. That, and my dress shirts and suits almost don't fit me anymore. I know I'm going to pop a button any day now.

I started my spreadsheet this morning.

I'm 6'4" and my short term goal, for our first session, is to get under 240. When I feel that I'm comfortably under 240, I'll buy myself a D.R. Harris soap :w00t: Unless I run out of blades, I'm not buying any other shaving related stuff. I guess that Thursday mornings will become my "official" weigh-in time.

Code:
Date       Weight
01/01/09 - 254

Longer term goal is to get around 210. Remember, in April 07, I was around 300 and my current weight is due to GI problems. Those are mostly fixed, so from here on out, it's just me watching what I eat and exercising.

miza, join in!

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyl...city_guy_says_he_dodged_death_by_losing_.html

proxy.php

Surely we can lose a small fraction of that!

New Years Day measurements (didn't post as I was with the fam):

5'9"
190 (using my cheap scale at home)
BMI 28.1

My goal is to be down to 170, which still leaves me overweight according to that silly BMI chart.

I'm really not trying to do anything extreme, simply cutting out soda and other sugary drinks (thankfully I drink my coffee black), dropping portions and fatty snacks, driving past fast food places, and adding exercise to my life.

I'm working towards running a 5k in March, so long as I can find one that works with my schedule.

Since my birthday is at the end of March, I'm going to reward myself if I have made significant progress before then. I am leaning towards either a high end soap or a fountain pen (both are on my wishlist).

I've managed to put on 2 pounds over the last two days. Too much beer and champagne.

I for one find that weighing myself everyday keeps my focus. If I don't for a few days then I forget about the weightloss and over indulge and end up putting on loads...

Now I need to dust off my bike and get riding.

Okay, I believe I am about 250. Lets use that for BMI. Have BMI calc on G1 phone...
36.92 superobese.
I am not feeling that fat though need to lose weight. Go look at me in the burnwood/soapbox superdawg thread.

Top Bottom