What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

Update to my previous post:

I face lathered with my TOBS Sandalwood cream this morning and got absolute perfection for lather. It's safe to say I'll be face lathering pretty much all the time now. Why didn't I do this sooner?!?!

Hope someone is working on creating that group, since I don't have the permission to do so - if I had, I would have made the group by now, trust me :thumbup1:

Sorry, I didn't realize it was set up that way. Maybe try PMing a moderator to see if they will start it for you.

Last edited:
Update to my previous post:

I face lathered with my TOBS Sandalwood cream this morning and got absolute perfection for lather. It's safe to say I'll be face lathering pretty much all the time now. Why didn't I do this sooner?!?!

Why? Because traditional shaving is a new "fad" or movement driven by the internet and videos. Its more "arty" to whip up copious amounts of useless lather in a bowl.

Back in the old days barbers used bowls and scuttles. Folks at home used faces.

I face lather 80% of the time but there are a select few soaps/creams I have to bowl lather due to the concentrated/unmixed product irritating my face. Mama Bears soaps in particular require this, face lathering those sets me on fire.

Okay, so not only do I prefer face lathering, but I've taken quite a liking to sticks over loading from a bowl. Last night I finally decided to see if my beloved Cella would work in stick form, and IMO it works better than the Marco method of loading from a bowl. Some stick pron for your enjoyment...

View attachment 257648View attachment 257649View attachment 257650

Nice HIS brush you got there ;) I haven't face lathered with mine yet, but maybe I will today!

I face lather 80% of the time but there are a select few soaps/creams I have to bowl lather due to the concentrated/unmixed product irritating my face. Mama Bears soaps in particular require this, face lathering those sets me on fire.

I have this same problem with some of her soaps (my favorites are masonic lodge and pipe tobacco). A solution I have found is I bought a tub of her unscented shaving soap and I mix about 25% of it in with 75% of her scented soap. This does mute the scent a bit, but it's a small price to pay to be able to use a soap of my choosing in a manner of my choosing. Now I just have to figure out how to make the matching aftershave work on my face.

I have been face lathering for the past 2-3 weeks for some reason (maybe because I enjoy it).

Funny thing... Out of all the brushes I could choose from... I have picked this one just about every day (go figure)

proxy.php

Just joined! After a month and a half of neglect, I officially put the bowl I was using in the dishwasher, later to be returned to the cupboard.

plus one!
I started bowl lathering in a hello kitty mug my daughter gave me. then I tried face lathering as I was in a rush that morning. Arko stick to the face. dab of proraso. WOW! I lost track of time until I needed more water but it felt soothing, peaceful, dare I say "zen" like. I was lost in the mindfulness of the lather build up and feel of the badger hair on my face. the arko tallow slickness helped.
Now I ONLY face lather. :001_cool:
sorry to hear about the delicacy. I never have weird reactions. I try to use natural products as much as possible. and keep it simple. We got a saying here in the USA, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I did my first face lather today with Bigelow. It was amazing with all that menthol-eucalyptus goodness going on. I actually had to do it in a bind for my third pass and I tried to "tighten up" the lather I was using with some other stuff (which reacted with the lather and completely liquefied it).

I was pleasantly surprised at how amazing it felt and how fast I got a lather (HIS synthetic). I might have to skip the bowl thing, but it's just so much fun for me getting to tinker with the lather/water mix

100% face latherer... weapons of choice - G.O.S.H Heritage, Simpson Duke 3, Kenk BLK 4, waiting on a New Forest Tubby 1 Finest Silvertip Bone / MWF, Tabac, T+H Marlborough, Valobra, Arko and Palmolive S/S.. :thumbup:

Top Bottom