The B&B CARNIVAL IS HERE!!

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by johnniegold, Jul 22, 2008.

1. johnniegold

johnniegold Moderator Emeritus

[​IMG] The B&B CARNIVAL IS HERE!!
    [​IMG]

Step right up! Step right up! The B&B Carnival is in town! To commemorate the third anniversary of B&B and in conjunction with B&B soon to be reaching its 10,000th member, we here at B&B are bringing a carnival-like atmosphere to B&B.

We have hired the W.S. Walcott Medicine Show to come into B&B Town for the next several weeks. So if you happen to see Carnival Barkers (a.k.a. the Mods dressed in carney clothing :)wink:), a bearded lady, a man with the head the size of a pin and alot of clowns (some sane, some insane) roaming the B&B grounds, then you know you've come to the right place. Yes, cotton-candy, candy and caramel apples galore, the smell of funnel cake (and yes, some zeppoles too) will be wafting through the air.

Starting every Saturday, beginning on July 26th keep your eyes open for new contests to be posted in the General Forum by some of our B&B Carney-folk. Here is your B&B Carnival Contest Dashboard. Note, contests may be subject to change (added, removed, made even sillier).[/size]

Week 1 - Ended:
    Weekly Kickoff Post
    1. Funniest Avatar
    2. Funniest Shave Setup Photo
    3. Funniest Username

Week 2 - Ended:
    Weekly Kickoff Post
    4. Funniest Shave Story
    5. Most Insightful Thread/Post
    6. Best Overall Quality SOTD Photo

Week 3 - Ended:
    Weekly Kickoff post
    7. Funniest Shave Song
    8. Funniest Shave Poem
    9. Funniest Shave Video

Running Now!:
    10. What B&B Means to Me (formerly Most Informative Thread/Post)

Contest Winners (coming soon!):

All of this fun and excitement will conclude after several weeks of contests, fun and festivities with the awarding of some Grand Prizes on the final day of the Carnival, the date of which will be announced during the course of the Carnival.

The contests will be conducted in the following manner:

Beginning this Saturday, July 26th keep your eyes open for a Contest Thread in the General Forum. There will be more than one contest taking place at the same time. You may enter as many contests as you like but only one entry per contest please.

All contestants will have several days to get their entries in from the time the contests is formally announced each Saturday.

All entries must be in by the following Friday at 11:59 P.M. EDT. No entries will be accepted after this time.

Each Saturday, beginning at 12:01 A.M. EDT, the membership will vote on their favorite entry by write-in ballot in a new thread named for that particular contest (i.e. Funniest SOTD Photo Voting Thread). When voting, you will write in the username of the contestant you are voting for. The voting will end on Sunday at 12:01 A.M. EDT and the voting thread will be closed. You may vote only once per contest.

The written entries will be tabulated and the winner will be announced on Sunday night between 8:00 and 9:00 P.M. EDT.

The B&B Carnival will culminate in the awarding of a Grand Prize. (Stay tuned for the details. It promises to be a marvelous prize package.)

And, in addition to fun-filled contests, we will also have random giveaways of great prizes so that everyone has a chance to win.

Please join us and enjoy the festivities and give yourself a chance to win some great prizes. Some of the prizes include products from:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...and many more.

Also up for grabs:

[​IMG]

and a 2008 B&B Limited Edition Brush will also be given away!! :eek:
    [​IMG]

... as well as many other prizes that some of our favorite vendors here at B&B have generously contributed to our celebration.

So get some candy-apples and cotton candy because the B&B Carnival is in town. You won't want to miss out on all the great fun and prizes.

And remember, once the B&B Carnival leaves town... it's gone. Don't miss out. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Where do I sign up for the Evil Clown Exhibit? :w00t:

3. johnniegold

You ARE the evil clown exhibit. :biggrin:

4. Baloosh

Baloosh Contributor

Ahhh, carnies. The only thing about summer that's both creepy and hilarious at the same time.

Can't think of a better representation than the B&B Mod Team! :lol::lol: :tongue_sm

5. :lol:

It sounds like a fun few weeks ahead!

6. Hmmmm yum, funnel cakes......:biggrin:

7. Also in the contests, recently added: "post most likely to draw the humorous wrath of the mods..."

8. scoopster

scoopster Moderator Emeritus

But given the volume of potential entries a person's odds are better for winning the lottery :biggrin:

9. This isn't fair to you guys. My avatar is already the funniest. :wink:

10. "I'd say more like one out of a million"

"So you're telling me there's a chance!"

11. This could be a "sticky" situation...lol

12. SmoovD

SmoovD Contributor

I don't want to win one of those icky brushes!

Where are the Jack Daniels mirrors and the black Uriah Heap t-shirts?!?!?!?

13. So many ideas already

14. NICE. So there is still a chance I could get an B&B Essential! Or, dare I even say it, a Limited. Oh happy day!

15. johnniegold

You mean this one? :wink:

16. I dunno, they found "eyebleach line form to the left" pretty easily in the avalanche of posts I've been putting up lately... :smile:

17. Ha ha you got caught.

18. SmoovD

SmoovD Contributor

SaWheet!! Where is my Zippo....

19. I'm so happy to have joined as such a fun time!

20. Guess it's time to break out my stilts.