What's new

The Art of Shaving Products

i find AoS products to be crap. I have tried many of their creams and soaps and they dry out the skin. they contain a large amount of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) which is why they lather up so fast , and SLS is a main cause of irritation in many beauty products especially if used in high levels like the AoS.

I currently have a puck of the Lemon soap and I shaved through a whole tub of the Lavender cream this winter. No SLS and I don't find either product to be the least drying. The cream is decent but the soap is amazing. I was worried about the price of the puck but with the first shave those fears were gone. It's easily the easiest lathering soap I've ever used.

And what do you think is the ingredient that's making it the easiest soap to lather?

I have absolutely no idea. It's less likely the ingredients themselves are the deciding factor. Rather, it's more likely the manner and proportions in which those ingredients are combined.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no idea. It's less likely the ingredients themselves are the deciding factor. Rather, it's more likely the manner and proportions in which those ingredients are combined.
that's incorrect. There is one ingredient that's causing beauty products to foam up so quickly..you can see that ingredient which i mentioned before in shampoos, soaps, shaving creams, and other products that need such purpose.

Just because The label doesn't mention it doesn't mean it doesn't contain it. Have you ever tried their AS balms? It doesn't say that it contains alcohol, but if you use it you'll see it has the alcohol sting to it. I find AoS to be overpriced crap as i stated before. even with their advertising... Look at their shaving cream tubs, It is so much bigger than it contains the cream in it. I find AoS company to be awful, and that's just my opinion.

Products can burn even without any alcohol. The AOS balm specifically states it is alcohol-free so something else is to blame.

Last edited:
that's incorrect. There is one ingredient that's causing beauty products to foam up so quickly..you can see that ingredient which i mentioned before in shampoos, soaps, shaving creams, and other products that need such purpose.

I assume that you are either a Doctor of Chemistry or of Soapology. Valobra (and by extension AOS) make some of the finest soaps on the market today- I have never had a problem with them being drying at all.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

You've made your point and had your say, albeit somewhat rudely.

We try to avoid making statements which appear to be based in facts when such facts are not evident.
There's no evidence to support your supposition, so unless you are prepared to provide it specifically in this case, there isn't really a need for you to keep beating a dead horse here.

Thanks for your personal opinion on the subject.

You've made your point and had your say, albeit somewhat rudely.

We try to avoid making statements which appear to be based in facts when such facts are not evident.
There's no evidence to support your supposition, so unless you are prepared to provide it specifically in this case, there isn't really a need for you to keep beating a dead horse here.

Thanks for your personal opinion on the subject.
you're welcome.

Is there any credible data, such as University studies, indicating irritiation and/or other concerns associated with SLS and its related structures?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This is an AOS thread.
There's no evidence that AOS contains SLS.
One could always start a new thread about SLS if one was inclined. :w00t:

This is an AOS thread.
There's no evidence that AOS contains SLS.
One could always start a new thread about SLS if one was inclined. :w00t:

Or they could start a thread about how tin foil hats repel the government mind control waves that are turning all humans into government controlled drones programmed to bring about the end of the world sometime in 2012. Same amount of evidence.

JHave you ever tried their AS balms? It doesn't say that it contains alcohol, but if you use it you'll see it has the alcohol sting to it. I find AoS company to be awful, and that's just my opinion.

Wrong Good Doctor there is ZERO alcohol in AOS balms and gels, ZERO

Why is it that an AOS thread draws those with a HARD ON for the company like yourself?

There are about 25% positive user experiences and 75% naysayers with their only unfounded argument against the Company?

Did an AOS man steal one of your girlfriends or something like that?

Go pick on Trufitt & Hill they're priced the same and their sales only amount to 15%, its been pointed out numerous times AOS can be found for 20%, 30%, 40% off.

I love the sandalwood balm. I found some in the cabinet a couple of weeks ago. I'd forgotten how good it was. I don't like alcohol in balms, or should I say the burn it produces (like some other balms I have).

I use the AOS unscented shaving cream in the 5oz container. Yes it's a little expensive but a little goes a long way.

Top Bottom