What's new

The Art of Shaving Products

AoS Sandalwood works well for me . Love the scent and it is a pleasure to lather up with . Not the cheapest by far , but a tub goes a long way .

Cheers,

Scott

I bought a few of their pucks when I first started DE shaving. Then after trying others, realized I paid way too much when compared to comparable or even higher quality items out in the market. Definitely falls in gift category. Spend your money on (two or three of) something better. Enjoy the one you have now though.

I used about a third of a tub of AOS Lemon before going exclusively to soaps. I will be using a tube of Lavender cream while on vacation in the Carib next week. The creams perform very well, but their are many equally as good or better for less coin. Sale or gift or sample. Guess I haven't said anything that hasn't already been said!

Not sure I have ever understood the claim that AOS is crazy expensive: their hardware yes, but their shaving creams, and shaving soaps are within the range of what other products (like Trumpers, and Truefitt and Hill) cost. $26 for a shaving soap that will last many months doesn't seem that expensive to me. I would avoid the wooden bowl though: I find wooden bowls to be vastly overpriced, and basically worthless.

I am so glad to see these responses. I am almost embarrassed how much l like AOS products, but I haven't seriously compared. They ARE pricey. But they are also a good value. The bottles last a long time in my experience, as does the cream. Love the lavender myself, but a trusted shave friend says their ocean scent is excellent too.

I have and use often AOS sandalwood soap, sandalwood cream, and lavender cream. It is all some of the very best of all of the products I've sampled, with the soap in particular still being a very close number 2 to my personal favorite soap: Tabac.

Wish they would sell their creams in tubes. I have a travel size of their sandalwood that I use while traveling. Since I shave in the shower, tubs of cream really don't work wll for me.

The lavender cream is literally one of the reasons I started DE shaving, the scent is not what I had imagined lavender cream to be - had to be kind of talked into smelling it

also their newer scent Ocean Kelp is nice, I was torn between the two and of course Sandalwood

I am a big fan of the AOS soaps. Recently I did a soap fidelity using a fairly well started puck of the AOS Lemon. I only shaved with that puck for 7 months straight. For 20 bucks I cannot see that this is not the best value in a soap.

Top Bottom