What's new

TESTING PHOTO

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
That camera button has some features from my gallery!

Strange it leaves some odd original info and buttons at top.

Hi,

I came to this section to try photo posting....and here I see a thread made already....so I shall horn in!

wm_normal_oc_group.jpg

Edit: Hey! It worked! I could not post a pic from my tablet with the old board software. Nice!

Stan

Hi,

Before, I would snap a shot with the cam in the cell phone. But, posting using the smaller screen is a Royal Pain. So, I would link the phone to the Notebook PC and upload from there. That means extra work for a lazy shaver....

Now, the Tablet has a cam. But, it would not work with vB. It could not find my storage space, so it would error. The new board can see it fine. So, I can now snap a shot and upload using the Tab. Nice.

See, I live in farm country. No cable, and the phone lines are analog and good for maybe 28kbps data, dialed up, on a good day. On a bad day, they won't even work for a voice call. The phone company won't replace nine miles of bad wiring, so they say to use a cell phone! Not enough paying customers to warrant the effort and expense on their part.

So, data is either by satellite dish or cell phone. Cell is the better deal. So, I use a paired phone and tablet that link via Bluetooth, which means low battery drain vs. WiFi. So, to put the Notebook online means turning on WiFi Hotspot on the cell phone, then waiting for the Notebook to wake up and handshake to get online. This is why I am lazy! ;)

Anyway, it is good to see I can now post photos from the Tab. :)

Stan

Edit: Oh, and the shot is of my current OC collection for use during OCtober. I had tried using the Tab a few weeks ago to see if it might work. Nope. I had to use the two-step method. Members of BOTOC probably recognize the shot. :)

Hi,

As far as the TelCo goes, that is just good business sense. They would have had to back when they had their monopoly and hang the cost. But now that they must compete *and* make a profit so they can stay in business, well....

Stan

Hi,

As far as the TelCo goes, that is just good business sense. They would have had to back when they had their monopoly and hang the cost. But now that they must compete *and* make a profit so they can stay in business, well....

Stan

Yes, of course.

But... don't they act as licensee for a public service? Aren't they a public utility company? Here's the lawyer arguing...:001_smile

Hi,

Not anymore. Once the cable companies won the ability to offer phone service, the TelCos became deregulated. Then, the wireless became deregulated also. There used to be a restriction to only two, one was run by the TelCo and one independent, in each service area. Now, there can be any number. All the TelCo must provide now is voice-only service. And, not even that to a new build where they have no existing lines.

Anyway, with deregulation came competition, which is good. And, the need to lower costs, which is also good most places as it leads to lower prices. I just happen to live far enough out in the sticks where I get burned somewhat. I am also at the end of the Exchange Boundry in the 919 area. One mile across the field, they have high speed phone lines in the 910 area. They would run a line to me for only $8000.....

Stan

IMG_00000001.jpg
Hi,

I read a report of a fix to the photo upload. And, it works from the tablet once more. :)

Stop buying razors? Well, I did for the year. But, I need that dough come Jan 1st to acquire more razors which *you* post pics of in the BOTOC thread! :p

Stan

Top Bottom