What's new

TECH Tuesday

Prepping for Tech Tuesday

Attachments

• $Tech 2.jpg
    $Tech 2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 561
I had an un-boxed TECH almost exactly like that, I PIF'd it. I went on to open comb's. Like them, but I was missing something. Found an un-boxed Fat Handle TECH in very, very, very good thrift store condition. $4.99... I was trying to adhere to "Open Comb March", but the temptation to try my new thrift store find was too much. I am now hooked.

I consider myself a fellow Tech-nician. One of the first DE razors I got was a pre-war Ball-end Tech. Unfortunately, like many new to DE shaving, I bought into the idea that I should get razors that were more and more aggressive as I gained experience. This led to me shelving the Tech for nearly a year. Then I took it with me on a two week vacation and was stunned at what a close, effortless shave it gave me. While I have over a dozen different razors, the Tech is the only one I felt compelled to buy a second of. Now I have a Fat-handled Tech at home and my original Tech at my vacation condo. While I have quite a few OC razors (a #15, Senator, New Standard, Tuckaway and New), if I had to get rid of all but one razor, the Tech would be the one I'd keep. The other great thing about the Tech is the price. I think they are vastly under-rated which leads to some incredible deals on them. The first one I got was thrown in, basically for nothing, as part of a lot with a Slim and a Superspeed. The second was a minty Fat-handled Tech with the Triangular holes on the base plate for $6 shipped. For anyone on the fence about trying one, at less than a quarter the cost of most any new razor, you can get a stellar performer that will still be going strong when you're looking to give something to your grandson.

Mike

I'll use a Tech with you guys. I wouldn't even object to having a Tech month, like we did with the OCs. Maybe it would drive the price of OCs back down! Seriously, I have a couple of Techs, although I would have to steal one back from my wife! They are fine shavers. If I get a bad case of razor burn, I'll use a Tech for a day or two to let it heal.

Damn . I'm late here

For me Tech is the ultimate test or the yardstick for assessing my shaving technique . YMHO If my technique is good I'd get a DFS in 2 passes.
Not only they shave well but looks nice and simple. Very humble price( dirt cheap) a real work hose which definitely will get comments and posts like this in the shaving forums of the coming centuries.
And yes both versions of the Techs are in my regular rotation (my go to razors most of the time)

Last edited:
I am awaiting shipment of my Tech Fat Handle. It's got the triangle shaped holes. Can't wait.
I want to replace the head with an OC Long on it though.

Thank you for the support from BOTOC founder.

Well, since OC March will be over, even the BOTOC founder will honor your tradition! I will give Tech a shave this Tuesday....either loaded with a SI or the Gillette yellow.

Great Idea Dougie...great way for people to try razors they may not have in regular rotation, or haven't considered

My fat handled Tech (triangular holes) has been my daily driver for a month or so now. I had it for a long time before I tried it, but loved it when I finally did. Very forgiving but offers a great BBS shave to me.

just shaved a 3 day growth with my 1977 british tech and it was brilliant really amazing razor had a tesco blade in it.

The past few days I have had a R41 (2011) VS Tech battle going on and so far the score is 2 to 2.

Yea the Tech is even steven with the R41 in my shave shoot out. The Tech is giving me just as close, comfortable shaves as the R41.

Eat your heart out all of you aggressive razor fan boys :lol:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Turtle, I read abut that this morning. Thanks for sharing. Great photo's. I was all into the Gillette NEW's for open comb March... Then I stumbled across the fat handle TECH. I still like the OLD and the NEW, but... I am hook, line and sinker caught on the fat handle TECH photo a few posts above.

One of our member found a bunch of these (without keys). I believe he was told they came from some type of health facility in Northern Ohio. Several members make keys that will fit them.

I used to work in a large psychiatric hospital in Liverpool in the early eighties. We used these and our system was one one for each resident, so in our system that would have been room number. I could kick myself for not having one now, but I had no interest then, I probably used the G2

TECH Tuesday's is just around the corner. Don't forget to break out those TECH's on Tuesday.

TECH Tuesday's is just around the corner. Don't forget to break out those TECH's on Tuesday.

hey dougieb for 2moro is it ok to post like a shave of the day pic in this thread with are techs? or will you be making a tech tuesday thread specifically for that?

awsome idea again really think my tech is my fav razor now.

I was pretty faithful to Open Comb month. But this morning I half-heartedly loaded my ball-end Tech with a Derby blade, thinking I was only going to get a fair shave. Was I surprised! I did an extra pass, and I think I got the closest shave I've ever gotten, and completely irritation free. The ball-end Tech was my first DE razor. It's like coming home. It's my touchstone.

Top Bottom