What's new

Tea Subscription

Is anyone aware of a tea subscription service that won't cost as much per month as my car payment? I would like to try new teas, but I'm also cheap and lazy :001_tt2:

No subscription service but I play the sample roulette sometimes. I go to a place like Jas, Yunan Sourcing, adagio (if I am lazy) and just choose a couple samples. This is how I learned I really like good white and yellow teas.

Thanks for the feedback! I think I just need to ignore my reservations about getting less tea per $$ and just go for a robust sampler to get a better idea of what I like.

Maybe if you look at it this way it won't seem like a lot of money. I do not drink small cups of tea and usually steep two to three times before ditching the leaves. Coffee you brew once and Dutch the grounds. Mind you, I don't use tea bags more than once but loose leaves I do. I put my leaves in the refrigerator for later. Maybe that is being cheap but I don't taste a difference

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Maybe if you look at it this way it won't seem like a lot of money. I do not drink small cups of tea and usually steep two to three times before ditching the leaves. Coffee you brew once and ditch the grounds. Mind you, I don't use tea bags more than once but loose leaves I do. I put my leaves in the refrigerator for later. Maybe that is being cheap but I don't taste a difference

I got six infusions from a single strainer of shu pu-erh last night - drank the stuff from getting off work til late. Not unusual at all, depending on the tea.

Tried that this morning with black tea, though, and it didn't fly - got two good cups.

AA

@RealPretendPsychic If you search for "Steeped Tea" and contact one of their consultants they have a program called the "Tea-zer" which is a monthly subscription of mystery tea. Here in Canada it runs about $20 a month, which is pretty good for a subscription box

@RealPretendPsychic If you search for "Steeped Tea" and contact one of their consultants they have a program called the "Tea-zer" which is a monthly subscription of mystery tea. Here in Canada it runs about $20 a month, which is pretty good for a subscription box

Thanks for the input! I ended up sucking it up and purchasing individual teas and making my own sampler. I was big into earl grey prior to moving into loose tea and have tried some loose earl grey I enjoyed along with an oolong and a white tea.

I drink a lot of tea hot and cold. I have several kinds of Coffee Beans tea, 2 lb bags of there loose tea. I must say that I like my tea strong more like the color of of coffee. When I am in a hurry I am a fan of Tetleys black and green or english breakfast.
I have mixed Coffee Beans gun powder green and there black tea with good results .

Top Bottom