Tea in San Francisco

Discussion in 'The Cafe'' started by SteelCity, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Howdy,

Does anyone know the best places to purchase tea in San Francisco and the Bay area?

I did find a hardware store in Japan Town that sells great cast iron pots and other accessories in the basement. Forgot the name but will follow-up and post later.

2. There is Red Blossom Tea. I have never been to their brick and mortar store but their online customer service has been good. There is also Imperial Tea Court if you are looking to spend a ton of cash. That is about all I know. Have a good trip!

3. Jake

Jake Contributor

Ah, the best place -- well there are actually 3 different locations for drinking some excellent tea or buying tea on site is at the Samovar Tea Lounge. You're bound to enjoy the quality of tea, food, & service.

4. Red Blossom Tea is close to North Beach so will go there after another delicious Italian dinner.

Yes, was in The Imperial Court at the Ferry Building-good stuff, but touristry prices.

After many years of drinking Panera's Ice Tea I have discovered just how great tea really is. Same pattern as my wet shaving after cartridge shaving for decades!

Thanks for the infor

5. I was just in the original Mission store area last week. My daughter took me to a ice-cream shop, Bi-rite on 18th street, last Sunday. A block long line to get into the place. (I had the Earl Gray ice-cream). Will go to Samovar...

Thanks

6. I visited Mountain view tea village a couple of months ago and bought some nice oolong tea. http://www.mvteavillage.com/

They seemed to be a nice but maybe pricey place.

7. Forgot to mention I was here, www.lupiciausa.com in the Westfield Mall-sorta like Teavana. They remind me of Art of Shaving stores!

8. Did you try any of their puerh's? Website has scarce information on their offerings.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  9. I love that place. Their salted caramel ice cream is the BEST ice cream I have ever had. One of my good friends lives right above it.

10. No, I didn't. They had a good selection though but since I still haven't tried any puerh I had no idea what to try.

11. Just do what Ouch would do.

Buy one of each.

:wink2:

12. Ah, if only I had the money :biggrin1:

I should head over there and at least buy one of them though. It's a nice area so it's perfect for a Sunday trip.

13. My daughter bought a pint of that stuff. Sounds funky, however it's incredible ice-cream! Good call

14. I'll second Song Tea. This is a really cool little shop.