What's new

Tea in aftershave

So I made a nice bay rum aftershave and really like it, but want to try something completely different. I was thinking of making a Earl grey and lavender aftershave. I wanted to keep it simple and was thinking of trying to use actual tea leaves and lavender soaked in rum/vodka witch hazel. Anyone ever use real tea before?

I tried to read up on tea on skin and some people use it and say it is good for your skin and will make you look tan too. So I guess it wouldn't be bad for you. I just don't know how well the smell would come through. I know bergamont is in it but it has other scents too. I don't want to just smell of bergamont and I figured if the tea is good for your skin then maybe it would be better than EO anyway. Don't know though. I do know that earl grey and lavendar is one of the best smelling ice creams ever. I wonder if it needs vanilla in order to smell more like that too.

I have the Barrister & Mann Cheshire shave soap which is like earl grey and is very nice also containing lavender. Which is why I thought making a nice AS like it would be nice. Most don't have the true earl grey smell just heavy bergamot.

This may be working to well. I mixed up 1.5oz 100proof vodka 1.5oz Elijah Craig, 1.75oz Thayer's Lavender Witch hazel Jojoba oil, neem oil, tea tree oil, lemongrass oil, lavender oil and orange EO with one tbs.earl grey tea about two hours go and it already smells done. I thought this kind of thing had to sit for weeks.

Ok so I ran it through a coffee filter today and it is dark, but smells really nice. I tried it after my shave this evening and it smells wonderful. Notes of bourbon and tea with under notes of all the other oils. I deem it the English hobo.

I tried to read up on tea on skin and some people use it and say it is good for your skin and will make you look tan too. So I guess it wouldn't be bad for you. I just don't know how well the smell would come through. I know bergamont is in it but it has other scents too. I don't want to just smell of bergamont and I figured if the tea is good for your skin then maybe it would be better than EO anyway. Don't know though. I do know that earl grey and lavendar is one of the best smelling ice creams ever. I wonder if it needs vanilla in order to smell more like that too.
You could add Vanilla Chia tea as well!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Ok so I ran it through a coffee filter today and it is dark, but smells really nice. I tried it after my shave this evening and it smells wonderful. Notes of bourbon and tea with under notes of all the other oils. I deem it the English hobo.
The English Hobo! [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ok. The name if very appropriate and this stuff smells great and works great too. I am very surprised at how great this one turned out. Even lingers for a bit and I love the smell.

While I never used tea in an aftershave, the idea itself is not without merit. Eons ago, my grandma used cold tea bags to sooth puffy inflamed eyes.

I never even thought of making my own aftershave but my wife loves the smell of earl grey, I may have to go oil shopping and try my hand at the chemistry. Thanks for the great post.

~J. Babcock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This really worked out well. I have been using this off and on as for over a month I have a few different AS to use and this is one of my favorites. I also like the fact that I don't have to make up a batch a month ahead and shake it everyday.

Top Bottom