What's new

Target shaving supplies

I'd guess not all stores will get all the shaving products, depending on shelf space and demographics.

I live in a major city and, although the DE displays weren't fully built yet, they already had Cremo, Bevel, Harry and some other brands' displays up.

Imagine not all Targets would sell Bevel, for example, given how it's marketed. Cremo, OTOH, seems to be an expanding brand and isn't targeted at one group over another, and so I imagine they'd be in more Targets than Bevel.

I just think it's good that a major retailer recognizes there's a market for stocking DE stuff (not just a couple items and a five pack of blades like most). A little competition will certainly bring prices down some and maybe even expand available choices as more companies get into the business of selling DE.

today i was in target when i was running errands i saw that target had the cremo sandalwood in the tub & tube also they had the new cremo brush as well i haven't seen really any reviews on it has anyone bought it could tell me anything on it other then its a horse knot any benefits over a boar or badger or syntactic knot base ? i had not much time to read cremos pitch about the re branded vi join brush. also i saw that they were clearing out the vdh luxury badger brushes. also saw that they have the new Pacific co shaving cream pods to i think when i saw on a different forum i thought new keurig pods or dish tablets but probably handy on the go price point kinda much imo also had the other few new items listed on the thread didnt see any bevel products sadly. also saw the usal vdh razor and blades. but im glad to see more alternative products out to the public other then the modern mainstream over priced carts and can gels & creams. i remember target use to carry the vdh luxury unscented and scented soaps years back. i remember as a kid before i really got into daily shaving they had proraso shave cream and such and walmart carried wilkson sword de blades and surry soap and Williams i believe to

image1-jpg.760117

I've never heard of it before, and googling doesn't turn up much info.
Can somebody take one for the team and try out this Olivina stuff?

I saw these at Target today, and I wasn't impressed with the scent on the Cremo Sandalwood. The yogurt consistency of the soap didn't look like my deal either. The vie long brush seems cool, but you can find better deals on horse hair brushes from them online. I might try the Olivina cream though, I just didn't pick anything up today.

image1-jpg.760117

I bought this today. I tra lathered with the cremo brush. I also compared fine sandalwood lather to the olivina. The cream is transparent. It lathers fast. Faster than proraso. I could not manage to make it thicken up. It was quite airy. I plan to continue to experiment with it. The scent wasn't bad at all. It may just take more water than I gave it. However I don't usually fix airy lather with more water.
I'll try it some more. If I can't do anything better with it, I'll pif it along for someone else to try.
I really like the brush on first impression. However, being new factors into that.

Our local store was revamping the isle when I stopped by. Didn't have time to watch the show. I'll definitely have to make another trip to town soon.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Since it is "lathering," as opposed to non-lathering slimes, I picked up the Cremo Sandalwood - on sale for $5.84.

Saw the Vie-Long horse brush, too - $21.99. Maybe if it goes on sale I'd snag it, but the handle's just plastic- my other Vie-Long (Chamorro) is nice wood (I refinished) and metal.

AA

I've not had a chance to hit up Target, yet, but I thought I would throw this out there as an "FYI": My wife was at a local (SE Ohio) Target this past weekend. When she got home she mentioned to me that they were re-setting their shaving stuff, and she noticed a bunch of the "old" stuff in the clearance section. I hadn't mentioned to her about all of this new stuff that was hitting the stores, she just knows that I'm weird about shaving stuff. She bought me a tube Neutrogena (?I think) Razor Defense exfoliating cleanser. The reg price was almost five bucks, and it was marked down to a dollar and a half. So, those of you hitting Targets that have this new stuff coming in, check out the clearance areas, you may find something good there, too!

The big Target near us, even with all the DINC's and upcoming yuppie wannabes, (Dual Income, No Children), has a single Cremo brush, and some Cremo products, plus VDH, but nothing from the Bevel or Bulldog lines yet.

(Anyone notice the constant "Not tested on animals" labels? Personally, I don't like being used as the guinea pig for an unproven product, but I don't think I've ever seen that label on a shaving product.)

Olivina / Bull Dog / Man's Best Friend / Pacino's ... All brands I've never seen before.

I wonder where the Target corporate buyers are coming up with this stuff?

Bulldog is pretty well established in the UK, but I've never tried their shave cream
The aftershave balm works well, though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

image1-jpg.760117

I got some last weekend and used it once and trashed the rest. Absolutely horrible. There's a reason it says "Flash Foam" on the front! You get instant foam that vanishes in a flash.

Top Bottom