What's new

tactical watch help

In the near future these movements will be also easily serviced here in the USA...but aside from this, a good watchmaker should be able to service any kind of watch. Not sure if one would spend money on a watch service for a watch that cost $50-70. A good service will cost you several hundreds of $$$.

I believe "my guy" can fix just about anything so I never gave the type of movement much thought. Thanks for the post.

thats a fine looking watch is it water resistant

It says water resistant to 100m. So yes, "resistant," which means you can leave it on while doing the dishes. Unless a watch is specifically a diver, and rated to 200m or better I wouldn't take it in the water.

I believe the Seiko 5 series fits your budget criterium.

I have an old g-shock watch. i'm in the military and it got banged up real good during training etc. i also do not take it off when i swim. It works great. if you can find a gshock in your price range, i say get it.

I saw that Vostok Amphibia was already mentioned. They surely are good at keeping watertight. During the summer I frequently dive with mine.

During the winter I use a Vostok Komandirskie. They are also watertight, but not a divers watch. You can take them swimming, if you want. They got smaller profile than Amphibia, and thus less in the way.

A Komandirskie can be bought new for less than $30.

Both Amphibia and Komandirskie got acrylic crystal, which is a huge advantage: You can buff away scratches with just some toothpaste and the crystal will look like new again.

Top Bottom