What's new

Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around

I did like the crown king but it was still a bit large for me. I think a 26 mm knot set at a loft I like just is too big, so I'm going to give the 24 mm a go. I really liked the plissoft brush in the box, but hated the handle. They offer the same brush in a different style handle so I think that is my next try

I got the Sterling 26mm knot with the smaller handle. I like the handle a lot and the size and weight of the brush, but it has more backbone than the kong so I don't like the performance as much. It's still a very nice brush but I'm disappointed as I was hoping for a Kong with a handle I liked.

I'll probably try the plissoft with the Bruce handle next (Christmas money) :)

Another option for you might be a Crown King. I found the knot very similar to the Kong. But I do like the look of the Bruce handle...

The 24mm Bruce handle is my daily driver. It's great! I picked up the Maggard's in purple handle and noticed that the Maggard's loft is more springy. Hope this helps.

Hey guys, I'm really enjoying your reviews and I look forward to seeing more of them but I'd like to clear something up - is the EJ knot same as the Muhle? I'm seeing different reviews for each but I thought they used the same knot.

Hey guys, I'm really enjoying your reviews and I look forward to seeing more of them but I'd like to clear something up - is the EJ knot same as the Muhle? I'm seeing different reviews for each but I thought they used the same knot.

I think you need to specify which EJ and Muhle brush as I think each brand has different knots. I do think there is a knot that both use ( I recall reading that somewhere)

I think you need to specify which EJ and Muhle brush as I think each brand has different knots. I do think there is a knot that both use ( I recall reading that somewhere)
I think you're right Christian - I believe that both EJ and Muhle currently use the Silvertip Fibre v2.

The EJ and the Muhle that's been talked about in the past 19 pages. What else could I be referring to?

Just wanting to be clear, as Sometimes we are talking about the box brushes and sometimes we talk more generally about synths.

The 2 in the box certainly felt very similar, and I would bet that they are the same knot.

Just wanting to be clear, as Sometimes we are talking about the box brushes and sometimes we talk more generally about synths.

The 2 in the box certainly felt very similar, and I would bet that they are the same knot.

Thank you for clarifying, that should make my decision easier.

Also looking forward to more reviews from you guys, this thread is wonderful.

Hey all, sorry for the long delay between posts since receiving the box from BadgerInTheSun! I traveled to Charleston and haven't had much time to play with the brushes yet. I did get a chance to use the tiniest of the brushes with the rubberized grip, though I forget now which one that one was despite liking it very much. It had very soft tips, good amount of backbone and was an awesome size for a travel brush and for my very small hands.

I have also used the Crown King brush as it seemed to rate highly with many of you thus far and I took it on my trip with me. I used it twice. Once to lather up a bowl to give my buddy Mickey a straight razor shave and he said he really enjoyed the tips on it. He currently uses a vintage silvertip badger brush he got from his father. I too, enjoyed the brush tips and feel but the handle was a bit big for my small hands which I suspect will be an issue.

When I first got the box and hung out with BadgerInTheSun at the brewery, I took out all of the brushes and held them in my hand, and ruled out all but about 4 or 5 of them for either scritch factor or handle size. For example, the Razorock brush has a great knot in it but the handle shape is really uncomfortable in my hands, I think I'd like it much better with the Bruce handle that they offer.

Also, if no one objects, I've gotten permission from Anthony MacKenzie Jr. of AMACK4Shaving to include one of his Gamechanger Synthetic brushes in the pass as well. It's one of the best synthetic brushes I've ever used and I think it couldn't hurt to include one more.

Also, if no one objects, I've gotten permission from Anthony MacKenzie Jr. of AMACK4Shaving to include one of his Gamechanger Synthetic brushes in the pass as well. It's one of the best synthetic brushes I've ever used and I think it couldn't hurt to include one more.

The Gamechanger should be an excellent addition.

The brush you mention with the rubbery handle is the Purest Satin Tip. Definitely one of my favorites in the box.

[MENTION=81775]mightyeskimo[/MENTION] , I have a maggard synthetic to donate to the cause if it would be put to use. It's a 24mm; I've purchased a slightly smaller one for myself. Just PM me if it can be of use. I'd gladly ship it to the next on the list or to you directly. I'd have to come up with some sort of container though.

[MENTION=81775]mightyeskimo[/MENTION] , I have a maggard synthetic to donate to the cause if it would be put to use. It's a 24mm; I've purchased a slightly smaller one for myself. Just PM me if it can be of use. I'd gladly ship it to the next on the list or to you directly. I'd have to come up with some sort of container though.

Thank you [MENTION=106068]MichaelRB88[/MENTION]! You can send it to me. I have spare containers for the pass around. There's also another addition to the box so your generous donation comes at a great time. I'll PM you my details.

. . . the Razorock brush has a great knot in it but the handle shape is really uncomfortable in my hands, I think I'd like it much better with the Bruce handle that they offer.

The Bruce handle made a world of difference for me.

. . . the Razorock brush has a great knot in it but the handle shape is really uncomfortable in my hands, I think I'd like it much better with the Bruce handle that they offer.

Fantastic gesture, gentlemen!:a14:

@mightyeskimo , I have a maggard synthetic to donate to the cause if it would be put to use. It's a 24mm; I've purchased a slightly smaller one for myself. Just PM me if it can be of use. I'd gladly ship it to the next on the list or to you directly. I'd have to come up with some sort of container though.

. . . I've gotten permission from Anthony MacKenzie Jr. of AMACK4Shaving to include one of his Gamechanger Synthetic brushes in the pass as well. It's one of the best synthetic brushes I've ever used and I think it couldn't hurt to include one more.

Do we have good news on the Gamechanger Synthetic knot?

Hi [MENTION=111587]Just1Blast[/MENTION]! Can you give us all an update as to where you are with the box and the Gamechanger Synth Brush please?

Hey all, I'm sorry for the lack of contact. I've just gotten out of the hospital after a week + long bout with pneumonia and my dad has been in and out of the hospital as well for the last two weeks. I've got the Gamechanger brush and will be including it but it will need a tube as my Walgreens was out of the large med containers. I should be able to get this box re-packed into a PM Flat Rate box and shipped out tomorrow or Friday.

Top Bottom