What's new

Surprisingly Aggressive Soluna

Everything I've read about the gold Soluna razor led me to believe it was a sub-Tech super mild razor, and I saw a lot of people dismissing it as not for them and an unsatisfactory shaver.

But this one arrived this morning and it's VERY satisfyingly aggressive, although not very smooth - quite reminiscent of a devette actually.

So are there different gold Solunas, because this one's a powerful and efficient shaver that left me with a waxy BBS and calm skin,the kind of shave that I associate with an R41 or Shavecraft Tech and nothing like the mild razor I've previously seen the Soluna described as.
Lots of blade feel and allowing steep angle shaving.
Marvellous!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Anybody else experienced an aggressive Soluna?

Very nice! Love east European razors and I've pondered one of these.
Could I trouble you for a side picture of the razor, head?

Cheers
John

Very nice! Love east European razors and I've pondered one of these.
Could I trouble you for a side picture of the razor, head?

Cheers
John

For sure:
proxy.php
proxy.php

Looking at how steeply the guard drops away, no wonder this is so aggressive.
The Shavecraft Tech uses a similar geometry and this razor does behave like a devette with an added skin stretching bar.
I am quite wowed out about the shave from this Soluna actually.
Although it felt quite rough (just as the devette does), the result is superb in the same class as Shavecraft Tech, R41 and my aggressive bakelites.
Who knew?

Hmm, have one like this, complete with case, although with different handle:

$P60116-172013.jpg

Didn't tried to shave with it yet - but my dad did, and he said it's pretty agressive.

For sure:
proxy.php
proxy.php

Looking at how steeply the guard drops away, no wonder this is so aggressive.
The Shavecraft Tech uses a similar geometry and this razor does behave like a devette with an added skin stretching bar.
I am quite wowed out about the shave from this Soluna actually.
Although it felt quite rough (just as the devette does), the result is superb in the same class as Shavecraft Tech, R41 and my aggressive bakelites.
Who knew?

Well that sure explains why its aggressive. I wonder how the open comb model would shave?
Thanks for the extra pictures.

Cheers
John

Nice looking razor! Unfortunately, I cannot help with your question as I have never had one of these.

Top Bottom