What's new

Strong Smelling long Lasting Shower soap

I switched from Yardley to South of France soaps about a month ago, decided I needed something more moisturizing and non-tallow based. (Yardley left massive soap scum) I ordered 6 bars from Vitacost..a 3 pack of the extra moisturizing (smells a little like Dove with notes of shea butter), 1 mango, 1 green tea, 1 verbena. The bars are massive at 250g/8.8oz..the size plus being triple milled means they last forever..I've showered daily for a month on the same bar and I've been using it as a shampoo, I've still only used up about half of it. It produces mountains of thick creamy lather with almost no effort or product. The scent lasts quite a while on the skin, although it's a mild scent, I haven't tried the other scents yet but if sniffing them through the wrapper is any indication, they're potent.

Since I've been frequenting the Whole Foods store near work to take advantage of the awesome $3 off KMF coupon, I've been looking over their soap and they sell a lot of interesting soaps. At some point I'll have to buy a few to check out. Lots of great scents and they look like fairly decent values.

Since I've been frequenting the Whole Foods store near work to take advantage of the awesome $3 off KMF coupon, I've been looking over their soap and they sell a lot of interesting soaps. At some point I'll have to buy a few to check out. Lots of great scents and they look like fairly decent values.

WF soaps are top notch. Some of the scents in the organic line (non see through wrapper) are only scented with essential oil such as the lavender.

Alot of people are recommending Yardley's soap but leaving out the best one.

Yardley Vanilla Sugar (Limited edition) is the best Yardley's soap but hard to find.

Attachments

• $51OG4KmNWCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    $51OG4KmNWCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 174
Claus Porto is what you want. Seemingly expensive at first, but once you realize the price per ounce and how long they last, you'll be convinced they're a great value. The entire lineup of 12.3oz bars is available at Barclay Crocker for about $12 a bar. VERY long last lasting with a variety of awesome scents; highly recommend the Citrus Verbena and Vetyver. These soaps last nearly two months for me, and that's saying a lot considering I use a LOT of product and shower atleast twice daily. Sometimes you can even find them at T.J. Maxx.

Claus Porto is what you want. Seemingly expensive at first, but once you realize the price per ounce and how long they last, you'll be convinced they're a great value. The entire lineup of 12.3oz bars is available at Barclay Crocker for about $12 a bar. VERY long last lasting with a variety of awesome scents; highly recommend the Citrus Verbena and Vetyver. These soaps last nearly two months for me, and that's saying a lot considering I use a LOT of product and shower atleast twice daily. Sometimes you can even find them at T.J. Maxx.

I've never heard of Claus Porto before now, and I've never ordered from Barclay Crocker in the past, but I will definitely be looking into these when my supply of body wash runs out. They have a ton of scents to choose from. And most of the scents look appealing. The Pear/Sandalwood (Parada) looks awesome as does the Lime/Basil (Deco). Thanks for the head's up on these. They are going on my list.

http://www.clausporto.com/catalogo/listaprodutos.php?cat=3&sessao=1

Last edited:
I've never heard of Claus Porto before now, and I've never ordered from Barclay Crocker in the past, but I will definitely be looking into these when my supply of body wash runs out. They have a ton of scents to choose from. And most of the scents look appealing. The Pear/Sandalwood (Parada) looks awesome as does the Lime/Basil (Deco). Thanks for the head's up on these. They are going on my list.

http://www.clausporto.com/catalogo/listaprodutos.php?cat=3&sessao=1

You might want to check out the Nesti Dante soaps, also, which you can often find at discount stores like T.J. Maxx and Marshall's for $5-6 a bar. They're right behind Claus Porto, IMO. Their Cipresso (Cypress) is awesome.

Mystic Water soaps, have heard loads of good stuff about them on this forum itself. Just ordered myself a few.

I own a big bar of Claus Porto Lilane&Lavender soap (350 gr.) and I'm not very happy with it... yes, it's milled seven times and has a long lasting, but the scent is far from strong, not very remarkable in any way (some kind of floral way). And it doesn't produce the luxurious lather you hope from an expensive soap, not really better than from a regular bath soap.

I don't know if other Claus Porto ranges are better, but in general I'm disappointed with this one and probably won't buy another one... fortunately I got it from a Evilbay auction, but for now I prefer by far Valobra soaps: better scents and a truly rich foam. If you like complex scents, Truefitt&Hill round bath soaps are a good choice as well (1805, Trafalgar or Grafton)

Cheers!

I own a big bar of Claus Porto Lilane&Lavender soap (350 gr.) and I'm not very happy with it... yes, it's milled seven times and has a long lasting, but the scent is far from strong, not very remarkable in any way (some kind of floral way). And it doesn't produce the luxurious lather you hope from an expensive soap, not really better than from a regular bath soap.

I don't know if other Claus Porto ranges are better, but in general I'm disappointed with this one and probably won't buy another one... fortunately I got it from a Evilbay auction, but for now I prefer by far Valobra soaps: better scents and a truly rich foam. If you like complex scents, Truefitt&Hill round bath soaps are a good choice as well (1805, Trafalgar or Grafton)

Cheers!

I'm glad you mentioned that because it's something I forgot about. Yes, the Claus Porto scents do vary in both scent strength and latherability. For instance, just an hour or so ago, I finished up a shower with Favorito - Red Poppy - which is a very spicy/floral scent. Lather is awesome and the scent lasts. Yesterday I used Banho, aka Citrus Verbena. Weaker lather and the scent doesn't stick. Lack of longevity is par for the course with citrus scents, but there are certainly differences between the two even though they come from the same line of soaps.

Definitely agree on yardley.

In TX it DOES leave massive soap scum, BUT the winter spice, cocoa butter, lavender and pomagranite rose are all great. All found at big lots pretty regularly along with the vanilla (which I don't care for but IS strong smelling)

At Walgreens last week I found a new scent with mango. It was amazing. The cucumber aloe is nice too

Has anyone ever tried soap the the soap guy??

I've been tempted to pull the trigger. Just curious if any of you have any experience with his soaps

Give the Shea Moisture (can be found at Target) soap a try- there is both a bar and liquid (body wash) version. Very unique smell that lasts pretty long, the soap is also very moisturizing.

I just picked up a bar of the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter soap the other day. I'm liking it quite a bit. It's 8oz for about $5-6, so it's a pretty good deal as well. I agree that it's moisturizing and it has a nice scent to it - it has frankincense and myrrh in it.

I'm thinking about trying their shampoo too. I was walking through Target and saw their stuff. I hadn't seen this company's products before, but they seem to be quality.

Top Bottom