What's new

Straight Razor Gold Mine

Here's two interesting straights I found today at a Flea Market near my house, and I figured I'd post them here in case anyone wants them. The first is a Wade and Butcher bigger blade with decent scales and Masonic enscriptions on it. The blade seems to be in good shape as well with a bit of patina. The guy wanted $160 for it which I know is a bit high, but it looked interesting at least to me due to the Masonic stuff on it. The Blade is stamped Wade And Butcher Sheffield.

The Second Razor he wanted $50 for and it is a Genco with beautiful scales.

He had a few more straights but they were way overpriced. Lots with nicks in the blades that he wanted $75 and $100 for. I thought these were the pick of the litter as far as his straights went.

Last edited:
You can do a LOT better than that. Check out these closed auctions on the Bay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WADE-BUTCHE...raight-Razor-MASONIC-FREEMASONs-/330676416733

And this one a gentleman just "won":

http://straightrazorplace.com/razors/73616-masonic-wade-butcher.html

I wonder sometimes if antique dealers realize true values of things. There are several antique dealers in my area and one of them always wants to charge 2-3 times more than the others. I don't even walk into his store anymore.

Oh I'd agree completely.

I wonder sometimes if antique dealers realize true values of things. There are several antique dealers in my area and one of them always wants to charge 2-3 times more than the others. I don't even walk into his store anymore.

Found a NIB butterscotch Simpsons at an antique store. I saw it from across the room and almost wet myself... When I got up to it, there was a nice neat hand written note next to it that says "Sells new on the internet for over $100" You can guess what they wanted for it... yep... you got it... So did I (got it).... but I had to pay dearly for it :(

That has been the only antiques store shave related find I have come across. It sort of spoiled me too.....

Top Bottom