What's new

Straight Razor Gold Mine

sweet. if you notice any good looking wedges, or rather large blades, i am highly interested. hell, who am i kidding, at that price, i am just interested period.

There were no wedges or large blades. I think I cleared em out last time for Paco. The last place I saw another wedge was at an antique place in Clinton, TN and they wanted $80 for a big Wosty.

Wishful thinking. Well, like I said, I'd probably be interested regardless. I am feeling the RAD kick in and at that price range, well, I would feel bad about not picking up at least one in good condition. Once again, thanks or sharon such a find.

My apologies to you all. I have not been able to get back to the antique store as of yet. I'll go back soon enough

I am going to try (mark the word try) to get by Heartland Antiques today and take pics at least and write down the straights. I'll then post pics in this thread. If there are any that you all want, I'll note it and the price and I'll head back up there and buy them. I have a couple of job interviews today so those may take preference.

I am going to try (mark the word try) to get by Heartland Antiques today and take pics at least and write down the straights. I'll then post pics in this thread. If there are any that you all want, I'll note it and the price and I'll head back up there and buy them. I have a couple of job interviews today so those may take preference.

Very nice of you Dave!

Dave, you can put me down as a professional reference if I get rights of first refusal on the straights.

Kidding aside, good luck.

Bad news, that antiques place was closed today (grrr that's my beef with antiques shops). I'll try again soon I promise.

You guys sure are hungry for straights. The other day at a local antique mall, a girl had a box of about 200 or so straights. I asked how much for a few of the different ones. She told me that nobody wants the old razors, and that they were worth almost nothing. She said she doesn't even waste the time to individually price them, just sells the whole box.
The blades were of English,German, and Swedish origin.
She told me $55. for the box. It was to much for me, after all their just old razors.
As I walked away she told me she would take $45.
It wasn't worth it to me, but if I had known you guys have a problem finding them, I would have picked them up for here. Oh well.

Last edited:
You guys sure are hungry for straights. The other day at a local antique mall, a girl had a box of about 200 or so straights. I asked how much for a few of the different ones. She told me that nobody wants the old razors, and that they were worth almost nothing. She said she doesn't even waste the time to individually price them, just sells the whole box.
She told me $55. for the box. It was to much for me, after all their just old razors.
It wasn't worth it to me, but if I had known you guys have a problem finding them, I would have picked them up for here. Oh well.

Get them for me. Really. If that post wasn't a joke. Straights around my home town are $20.00 and up each.

55 for a box of 200? If they are all rust and rotted scales you made the right call. If they look like what you see on the B/S/T that would have been a good buy for us straight collectors. If you ever see her again save her contact info

The scales weren't rotten and the blades aren't rusty. I would say that 80%the or more were NOS, with sealed boxes. (Hard to type when I am laughing so hard). She also had about 10 Fatboy razors, all NOS, with original unopened packages, asking price $5.each (real hard to type as the laughter causes tears, and almost convulsions lol).
If anyone needs, she also had some unicorns and a couple of flying carpets with low miles.
As you can tell, I am only kidding. But I would say by the 667,897 pms I received about picking up the box, that my analysis of "hungry for straights" is accurate.

The scales weren't rotten and the blades aren't rusty. I would say that 80%the or more were NOS, with sealed boxes. (Hard to type when I am laughing so hard). She also had about 10 Fatboy razors, all NOS, with original unopened packages, asking price $5.each (real hard to type as the laughter causes tears, and almost convulsions lol).
If anyone needs, she also had some unicorns and a couple of flying carpets with low miles.
As you can tell, I am only kidding. But I would say by the 667,897 pms I received about picking up the box, that my analysis of "hungry for straights" is accurate.

You are a cruel man.

this is why we say pics or it never happened, in this case it never did happen, you are a cruel man DE brushman. hahaha.

Top Bottom