What's new

straight razor for beginners

Clay I can't recommend whippeddog enough... as has been been mentioned, the sight unseen deal is a steal as it gets you up and running, including the balsa and paste/powders to touch up. The razors aren't beauty queens but they shave well and the strop is actually really good IMO. If you like it, you can pick up "prettier" razors and a bigger strop and, assuming you don't destroy the poor man's strop, it makes a nice travel/back up strop. In fact, I still use my poor man's sometimes to finish blades as my latigo from SRD has more drag and isn't quite broken in yet. Larry is also a fantastic guy to deal with and more than eager to help via PM, email, or phone.

If you do want to jump right in, I can also say that Straight Razor Design is also a joy to deal with. I haven't spoken with Lynn, but Don has been very helpful and I do like my Dovo. If you drop the cash on a set up from them and don't like it you could always sell it to me for half price :)

Hello.. I bought a Krusins brothers KB 98 . I love a good straight razor shave and would like to know if I made a good choice and if there is any info about it. It just says Krusins brothers KB extra 98 on one side and Krusins brothers Germany on the otherside.. If I'm not on here please email me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Top Bottom