What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

You may kid but if you come across rot they are usually the culprits. There is one other type robeson and torrey used with sort of a dull metallic look that are not quite right either. Black celloloid never really seems to gas out though le grelot scales have a horrible habit of shrinking which stinks as it's hard to find scales a le grelot will fit in without building them.

Well another french beauty arrived yesterday....a little tlc and it will be a nice one. Going to have to research this a bit as its an oldy i think.
$_3.jpg

Just picked this up on the Bay. Brand new to straight razors but very excited to try to clean it up and use it. Anyone know any information on this razor? I tried looking for others like it online but wasn't having much luck... It's a H. Boker & Co. with "Hand Forged" on the blade. Thanks!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 23
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 26
  • s-l1600-4.jpg
    s-l1600-4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 24
They're one of the best of the german makers. Boker, Puma, Bohler, Tuckmar, ERN, Dorko, Bartmann... Hard to go wrong with any of them if the blade is in good shape.

Just picked this up on the Bay. Brand new to straight razors but very excited to try to clean it up and use it. Anyone know any information on this razor? I tried looking for others like it online but wasn't having much luck... It's a H. Boker & Co. with "Hand Forged" on the blade. Thanks!

Good snag...nice!!

This E.C. Simmons and thw ZY 430+ came in the same day. The ZY came in a kit that was pleasently surprising (a seemingly soft brush). Have yet to shave with a SR...but a little TLC ought to get the Simmons looking good and I intend the ZY for honing practice.

20170221_113702.jpg

Not ashamed to say that I teared up a little when this arrived today. I have been after one of these for a while and could never find one in the condition I wanted for the price I could afford...until now...

Hoshitombo 6000

proxy.php

Not ashamed to say that I teared up a little when this arrived today. I have been after one of these for a while and could never find one in the condition I wanted for the price I could afford...until now...

Hoshitombo 6000

proxy.php

And its a beauty!!

Hoshitombo 6000

proxy.php

Very nice. Western or Japanese grind?

Japanese. Now I have to figure out the angles- I have a small Kamisori but not truly sharp- this one is though.

Suggestions?

No suggestions. I don't have one. I'm already over my head with all flavor of straights and coticule/bbw. Beautiful blade though and good luck.

Got this really cool looking Shumate in yesterday....the scales are what drew my in. Its even more colorful in person....
20170221_212705.jpg
20170221_212744.jpg

Crappy pictures but anyway...this is my first new straight razor. I order this directly from Ralf Aust and as much as the postal service tried to destroy it, it survived. This is a 5/8 in African Blackwood, it's so friggin beautiful. Also included was a handy dandy pen/LED flashlight haha.

ralf1.jpg

ralf2.jpg

Top Bottom