What's new

Straight pour of bourbon, neat, what is your go to pick

Four Roses Private Selection Single Barrel OESV recipe
IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

Blantons Gold is possibly my favourite Bourbon.
Great to hear, I'm really enjoying exploring a few of the single Barrel bourbons over the last couple of years after swearing I'd never drink bourbon again about 15 years ago. I'd been mostly drinking Beam or Cougar with Coke and suddenly found it too sweet and switched to single malts (without coke). I like the dryness that the higher proportion of rye introduces into the Blantons.

Second or third vote on the Elijah Craig!!- They just updated their bottle and cork too not long ago too. I hated their old plastic capped cork. Nice 94 proof. Here it goes for $28

Nice bottle. I need to start exploring the different Four Roses Single Barrel (Barrel Strength) recipes.

The Four Roses limited edition small batch that gets released annually are pretty amazing if you can get one / afford one. I had the 2012 release and it was incredible.

What @MrSmith said - Blanton's. It's just a fantastic bourbon at a mostly reasonable price. Be forewarned though... Blanton's is getting harder to find as popularity has soared, yet they won't increase production. Something to do with keeping the quality high while all of the beard-wearing citylumberjacks grab what's available.

:sailor:

Another vote for Blanton's. The reasoning for the low availability is that they had a warehouse fire where they age the Blantons, which destroyed a chunk of the product. For a while, you couldn't get it outside of Kentucky.

Even though it is a bit more than the $45 point, it makes up for it with cool points.

1. Created by an army officer and stayed on production during prohibition by making it for "medical purposes"

2. The preferred drink of Frank Underwood from House of Cards (the US version with Kevin Spacey)

3. The only drink that John Wick (Keanu Reeves) reaches for and pours himself.

This is a drink for the baddest among us.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

George Dickel 9 Year Old Single Barrel Tennessee Whiskey is a fine bottle. I believe these are all store selects at 103 proof.

I have gone through my bottle of Buffalo Trace, good stuff but pretty mild flavor.

Bought a bottle of Basil Hayden last Christmas and absolutely loved it! It may very well become an "always in the cabinet" staple in my house.

I'm a bourbon guy. Neat. Sometimes w/ a splash.

My favorite daily driver as of late is Henry McKenna Single Barrel Bottled in Bond. At around $30-35/750 and it's, in my opinion, one of the best values going if you have it in your area.

Some already mentioned, and I'll second with fervor, plus a few others:

Eagle Rare 10yr
Four Roses Small Batch (or SB if you have a few extra bucks, it's worth it)
Woodford (any of them, if you like a sweeter more molasses style bourbon)
Any of the Willett line (Pot Still, Noahs Mill, Rowans Creek, etc)
Old Weller 107 is especially nice
Russell's has some nice stuff

My favorite daily driver as of late is Henry McKenna Single Barrel Bottled in Bond. At around $30-35/750 and it's, in my opinion, one of the best values going if you have it in your area.

A great bottle, Henry McKenna 10 Year is one of my favorites under $30.

Top Bottom