What's new

Storing Pu'erh

A while ago I found a thread that had pictures of how people were storing their Pu'erh. Can anyone point me to that thread. I just did several searches and came up with nothing.

If I am imaging the existence of this thread can people show how they are storing their Pu'erh? I live in a very arid climate. RH is often in the single digits. The climate here is also extreme. 100+ in the summer and can get below 0F in the winter.

That would be the one.

I am still confused though on how to deal with the very low RH. DO I need to construct a Pu'erh-ador?

I'm no expert in pu'erh storage but I'd be less (not zero) concerned about the super low ambient humidity and much more concerned about high temps. Higher temperatures tend to speed up chemical reactions and long term to archival storage of most things involves low temps, keeping away from strong light sources and low-ish (but maybe not as low as yours) or at least not high humidity. Wine caves and cheese caves are exceptions on the higher humidity side. That said I would not use a refrigerator or freezer for your tea, at least not without truly expert advice to do so. If there is a way to keep your tea away from light and in steady temps greater than freezing (32F/0C) but less than 60F/15.5C that is what I'd aim for. I'm semi-confident you want the humidity to be <50% but how much less might be too low I don't know. I also don't know to what extent you want oxygen exposure.
These are all semi-educated guesses.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Pu'er needs a warm, humid climate to thrive. A makeshift "pumidor" is just the ticket.

Top Bottom