What's new

Stone Cottage Cream Passaround UK/EU

There have been some great reviews of this cream on the forum lately, but sadly it is not available outside of the USA. One of my fellow stews kindly sent me some for me, and the rest of the UK/EU members to try out.

So I have a brand new tub of Stone Cottage Soapworks Hesperide Shaving Cream for a pass-around.

proxy.php

Anybody interested just put your name down on the list and where you are located. I will limit the list to 10 members so that everyone gets a good amount to try out.

Rules:
  • Must have been a member for 45 days and have 50 posts
  • Must be located in the UK or EU
  • Keep the cream for a maximum of a week before posting it out to the next member
  • Please be reasonable with how much you use so everyone on the list gets a chance to try it
  • Must send proof of postage to the next member
  • And lastly please post in the thread when you have received the cream and when you have posted it off to the next member

Prof. Moriarty,
I'm in Germany. I have both an APO address and a German address.. best of both world for some things.. and wost of both for alcohol based AS and getting cheap pucks of Williams... :117:

Thanks Prof, sent it over to you

@YKMV PM me your address (whichever one you prefer) - I'm away next week, so there might be a bit of a delay in sending it on - I'll let you know as soon as it's in transit

So sad - didn't see this thread until now :a52: ... the sound of a grown man crying... would have absolutely loved to try this. have been searching for ways to get this... Am in Denmark... :a36:

You guys let us know how you find it, please.

So sad - didn't see this thread until now :a52: ... the sound of a grown man crying... would have absolutely loved to try this. have been searching for ways to get this... Am in Denmark... :a36:

You guys let us know how you find it, please.

I will send you a sample of the coconut one if you message me your address. Only way to get it is to have a third party ship it from the USA, or have it brought over

So I said I'd do a review, then I got roped into decorating...been a fun week :a52:

To give some context, my favourite creams are:

1st: T&H West Indian Lime
2nd: Cyril Salter Rose
3rd: T&H 1805

To be fair, it's pretty close between all 3, but the scent of the West Indian Lime wins over the others

I've had a chance to have a few shaves with the Stone Cottage Hesperide. It's presented in a fairly unassuming tub - it doesn't look cheap, but it doesn't look like it has the pedigree of something like T&H or TOBS

The cream itself isn't quite as firm as T&H and has a slightly lumpy texture - maybe slightly oatmealy-ish. It has a very pleasant scent, allegedly "based on a citrus accord here containing Neroli, Petitgrain and Bitter Orange with a light floral note of Rose and a fresh herbal note of Rosemary with a base of Musk and Sandalwood" - I got Sandalwood with a hint of orange and citrus, but then I don't even know what most of those other words mean :lol1:

Lathering it is a dream - where some creams are very fussy about how much water you add, Stone Cottage doesn't seem to care at all, and it explodes into a light, luxuriant lather with no effort at all. Very little cream is needed for a 3 pass + touchup shave

I've tried it with a Merkur 37c, EJ DE89 and a shavette, all with different blades - each time the razor glides beautifully and each stroke seems to bring out the scent of the soap. Shaves have been smooth and easy, and my face feels great afterwards.

SWMBO reports the scent stays around for hours - she says it smells fresh and light, where she finds others a bit sickly (CS Rose especially)

I have fantastic shaves with this cream, and it goes right up to the top with T&H Lime - hopefully someone will gain some sanity and start importing this to the UK before I run out!

Many thanks to @Prof. Moriarty for giving me the chance to try it out - and to anyone else, if you have a chance to try/buy Stone Cottage, don't even think about it - grab as much as you can and run with it

I've had a chance to have a few shaves with the Stone Cottage Hesperide. It's presented in a fairly unassuming tub - it doesn't look cheap, but it doesn't look like it has the pedigree of something like T&H or TOBS

The cream itself isn't quite as firm as T&H and has a slightly lumpy texture - maybe slightly oatmealy-ish. It has a very pleasant scent, allegedly "based on a citrus accord here containing Neroli, Petitgrain and Bitter Orange with a light floral note of Rose and a fresh herbal note of Rosemary with a base of Musk and Sandalwood" - I got Sandalwood with a hint of orange and citrus, but then I don't even know what most of those other words mean :lol1:

Lathering it is a dream - where some creams are very fussy about how much water you add, Stone Cottage doesn't seem to care at all, and it explodes into a light, luxuriant lather with no effort at all. Very little cream is needed for a 3 pass + touchup shave

I have fantastic shaves with this cream, and it goes right up to the top with T&H Lime - hopefully someone will gain some sanity and start importing this to the UK before I run out!

Many thanks to @Prof. Moriarty for giving me the chance to try it out - and to anyone else, if you have a chance to try/buy Stone Cottage, don't even think about it - grab as much as you can and run with it

Greetings!

The top notes here are Neroli, Petitgrain and Bitter Orange. These are all from the Bitter Orange Tree. Neroli is from the flower blossoms, Petitgrain is from the buds and branches and Bitter Orange is from the Bitter Orange fruit and they all have different scent characteristics but are all of the citrus variety.
Rose (flower) and Rosemary (an herb often used in cooking) are the middle notes.
The base notes are Musk and Sandalwood. Musk is originally from the musk deer and has a rich animalistic scent. Sandalwood is from a tree native to India as well as other countries in the area and in the world. It has a distinctive precious wood scent.

This combination would be described as an "Eau de Cologne" type of scent originating in Cologne, Germany by Italian-born Johann Maria Farina in 1709. I hope this helps to better understand this type of fragrance!

Greetings!

The top notes here are Neroli, Petitgrain and Bitter Orange. These are all from the Bitter Orange Tree. Neroli is from the flower blossoms, Petitgrain is from the buds and branches and Bitter Orange is from the Bitter Orange fruit and they all have different scent characteristics but are all of the citrus variety.
Rose (flower) and Rosemary (an herb often used in cooking) are the middle notes.
The base notes are Musk and Sandalwood. Musk is originally from the musk deer and has a rich animalistic scent. Sandalwood is from a tree native to India as well as other countries in the area and in the world. It has a distinctive precious wood scent.

This combination would be described as an "Eau de Cologne" type of scent originating in Cologne, Germany by Italian-born Johann Maria Farina in 1709. I hope this helps to better understand this type of fragrance!

That's really interesting to know, thank you

It's lost on me since I have the unrefined palette of a small, sickly child, but I appreciate the effort that goes into these things, even if I do basically boil it down to "smells nice" :lol1:

Is there any chance of Stone Cottage making its way to UK shores? Or at least nearer to them?

Top Bottom