What's new

Steamer & hot towels - Yes, it works very well

IMG_4672.jpg
Hi Gents,

My wife offered me this steamer for my birthday.

It's impeccable. Towels are ready in 20 minutes and it really adds value. I have been using it for some weeks now:

a) It's easy to use and maintain
b) it contains 4 towels which allows you to warm your face after each pass if you so wish
c) it has a max 60 minutes timer for ultra-long shaving sessions!

Shaving benefits :

1) I hardly feel the blade
2) I adore the feeling of the hot towel on my face
3) better cutting results (a good 2 pass is enough)
4) excellent post-shave

Whatever the brand, you "need" one !
Cheers

Last edited:
View attachment 764376 Hi Gents,

My wife offered me this steamer for my birthday.

It's impeccable. Towels are ready in 20 minutes and it really adds value. I have been using it for some weeks now:

a) It's easy to use and maintain
b) it contains 4 towels which allows you to warm your face after each pass if you so wish
c) it has a max 60 minutes timer for ultra-long shaving sessions!

Shaving benefits :

1) I hardly feel the blade
2) I adore the feeling of the hot towel on my face
3) better cutting results (a good 2 pass is enough)
4) excellent post-shave

Whatever the brand, you "need" one !
Cheers

You just HAD to post this didn't you? OK where do you get one? Never mind, I found it. Thanks Mango!

Very interesting. My son already has a very fine piece of historic shaving equipment to give his old man on my upcoming 50:th birthday, but if I had had more children this would indeed be a worthy candidate for another gift.

Skickat från min Nexus 10 via Tapatalk

Mango, my daughter gave to me this very towel steamer for Christmas. I only get to use it on weekends due to my work schedule (I already get up too early). I find that rolling the towels up very loosely is required for the steam to reach the top of the roll in the 20 minutes, but after making this mistake only once, and making the requisite adjustment, I am very pleased with it. I will sometimes place Proraso Pre-shave on my face, and recline with the hot towel for a few minutes prior to the first pass.

I wish I had time for this, i already get up very early just to shave. i have looked at these before and just wish I had time.

I wish I had time for this, i already get up very early just to shave. i have looked at these before and just wish I had time.
I know what you mean William, and I have yet to use it during the work week. But I will occasionally fire it up on the weekend, especially if I want a shave without showering first.

Hmmmm just trying to gauge weither the wife would think ive gone completely nuts or if i would even get a response....i could see this being awesome on my weekends home ☺

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I love the idea but the reviews on Amazon are all over the place. Scares me a little. I hate sending crap back.

Hi gents
It is indeed a nice working device. I returned mine and got a replacement unit since the resistance burned immediately on the first one.
Birth defect ...
Other than that its good value for money.
I am using Revenge of the blue beard towels (I like them better) and place wet rolled towels in the steamer. It delivers better results IMHO.

The steamer portion of this instrument is essentially an electric tea pot. If adding oils to the water, which they indicate to use distilled water, as I do, then I think that cleaning the water reservoir after each use or two would be in order. But you are correct, this could be very interesting and is something that I have placed on my to do list. The steamer bucket that holds the towels is of a very cheap plastic, and according to the manual is considered to be a consumable as it deteriorates over time. I am not sure what effect, if any, the oils would have in the plastic. It might help it to last longer, but it might discolor it over time making it appear yellow.

i have an old steamer downstairs unused. Does anyone think that that would work the same since it looks similar?

i have an old steamer downstairs unused. Does anyone think that that would work the same since it looks similar?

It certainly will ! Give it a try
I started with wet towels in a microwave ...Gets hot in 3 minutes but a bit artificial. Steamer works better for my face and keeps warmth a bit longer...

The steamer portion of this instrument is essentially an electric tea pot. If adding oils to the water, which they indicate to use distilled water, as I do, then I think that cleaning the water reservoir after each use or two would be in order. But you are correct, this could be very interesting and is something that I have placed on my to do list. The steamer bucket that holds the towels is of a very cheap plastic, and according to the manual is considered to be a consumable as it deteriorates over time. I am not sure what effect, if any, the oils would have in the plastic. It might help it to last longer, but it might discolor it over time making it appear yellow.

Yes . The plastic container is really cheap looking. Since polycarbonate (or similar) costs, they chose to make it very thin in order to keep the pice attractive IMHO
Anyhow, hot towels deliver superior prep for great shaves. I am amazed about the difference it makes each time I use them.

that's a real nice one mango we used one in barber school I really liked it. it was a different model though but yeah they're great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom