What's new

Stay Away From Viking Blade Shaving Cream

I purchased this off of Amazon.com the Viking Blade Shaving Cream this stuff is junk it doesn't lather well and doesn't cushion you from the blade. I get a better lather off a regular bar of soap.

proxy.php

The one thing I will say I have the Black Ocean the scent was nice, the best I compare the lather too is Cremo. If you like Cremo you might like this stuff. If anyone is interested in trying it I will send it your way, and pass it on to others and give your own opinion on this, and then share it with others.

This is my opinion of a product, and I did follow-up and if anyone else wants to try it they can. Someone has asked to try it to give their opinion on it next. Just waiting for that person to send me their address.

Perhaps others may have a different opinion.

Telling everyone to stay away from a product w/o the decency of providing solid evidence to back up inferior quality claims is bad form. I didn't like Wilkinson Sword soap and don't recommend experiencing it... but would never try forcing others to avoid buying it.

Everybody stay away from the internet, it's full of butthurt :lol:

Perhaps others may have a different opinion.

Telling everyone to stay away from a product w/o the decency of providing solid evidence to back up inferior quality claims is bad form. I didn't like Wilkinson Sword soap and don't recommend experiencing it... but would never try forcing others to avoid buying it.

Everybody stay away from the internet, it's full of butthurt :lol:

I quite like Wilkinson Sword soap and found it gives me no irritation what so ever, however like they say one mans junk is another mans treasure.
I like the butt hurt comment it made me LOL, however I would question what kind of sites you are visiting if they involve butt hurt [emoji23][emoji23][emoji1303]

PM has been sent. I will give a product review once it arrives. I drive truck so I may not be home when it gets delivered .How-ever I will use and post my opinion as soon as I can.

:out:

You wrote... "Stay away from Viking Blade Shaving Cream" but are offering it for trying out?

If a product is bad, I want someone to state it clearly and unambiguously. Just as the OP did.

I for one have no expectation that a scientifically rigorous study will be done to come to such a conclusion. It's a shave cream - either performs or it doesn't.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Let us not venture down the path of anything verging on personal attacks. B&B is one of the, if not THE, most civil places on the Interwebz; let's do our part to keep it that way.

Here are a couple of reasons.

1. It does not protect the skin well with any cushion.

2. I would lather it several times it would have large bubbles in the lather and as soon as apply it to your face the lather collapsed to nothing. It does not lather and can get a better lather off a bar of soap.

In the instructions I followed to the letter and apply per the directions it just flat out doesn't perform.

I even love green mountain shave soap that is know to be hard to lather and I have no issues lathering it. So when I say it's doesn't lather I should say the lather collapses like a wet noodle.

When you're writing a review, saying "It didn't work for me because of xyz" is much more helpful that "it's junk, I can't lather it" is.

Last edited:
PM has been sent. I will give a product review once it arrives. I drive truck so I may not be home when it gets delivered .How-ever I will use and post my opinion as soon as I can.

You planning on posting your review here or starting a new thread? I haven't heard of this cream and interested in more opinions.

I have yet to write a review here, but if I were to do so I would choose my words carefully, being sure to distinguish between personal preference and verifiable issues with quality that have little to do with my own tastes and prejudices. Things posted here have enormous influence on the small wet shaving market. A few bad posts on this site can kill a small business.

Perhaps the OP could have worded it better but theres no reason to try to pick a fight with him over it. I think we're all better than that.
If the OP didnt like, thats fine, thats his prerogative. Theres a lot of shave gear out there that lots of people like which I dont, just as Im sure the shave gear that I like a lot of people out there think is a garbage. YMMV.

Would you be so kind as to list the ingredients here? I cannot find an ingredients list anywhere for this product. This may provide information as to why you did not have a good experience with this product. Thanks!

P.S. Thanks, rockviper!

Top Bottom