What's new

Soy un perdedor (Lover Of Single Edge Razors)

Think of how much more though you will have done without Harold and Kumar visiting!!:a13:

Pfft, I would MUCH rather have Harold and Kumar stopping over than sitting around the house doing nothing. But that is a thread and a topic for a different forum.

I actually like LOSER, thank you very much.

Arley, as you wish, .....LOSER!
Sorry, i could not resist! Have fun with all your SEs; they look beautiful and in the hands of a proselytizing LOSER, such as yourself, (sorry about that) they should convert many and you will have a grand congregation soon!

ok...just trying to help out my brother with a better name....

you could keep it simple....like the BG's...Before Gillette.....or to go with both your size and your evangelism ...BIG ...Before inferior Gillettes

wouldn't you rather belong to something BIG ???

Think of all the fun you could have with the play on words.....the NEXT BIG thing on B&B...for a really BIG shave....etc.... just a thought...

"What we hold to be right, and good, and true IS right and good and true for all men." Sean Connery as King Arthur

SES: Single-Edge Society. Oh...never mind.

"Loser" for the win!

Last edited:
Arley, as you wish, .....LOSER!
Sorry, i could not resist! Have fun with all your SEs; they look beautiful and in the hands of a proselytizing LOSER, such as yourself, (sorry about that) they should convert many and you will have a grand congregation soon!

I am so glad that you get it...see how funny that it?

There really is no bigger LOSER than me, well there could be, but I at over 300 lbs, I doubt it.

I don't have a regular rotation. I just keep a few razors in a stand next to the sink and shave with whichever I feel like using at the time. The 3 SEs I'm turning to lately are...

A Mulcuto
proxy.php

a Gem Junior Bar
proxy.php

and a valet autostrop.

Of these I think the Gem is my favorite.

Was that Mulcuto basically an adjustable? It looks like you could use those set screws at the back to dial in your shave.

That is a really sweet old GEM Junior. I love seeing the Willams soap with a 39 cent price tag from Walgreens.

Was that Mulcuto basically an adjustable? It looks like you could use those set screws at the back to dial in your shave.

Somewhat, yes. It was not designed for standard single edge blades. However, the clip has enough tension on it to hold the blade in place, and the screws determine how far forward the blade sits. But those screws have to be forward almost as far as they can go for it to work with the blade.

I am so glad that you get it...see how funny that it?

There really is no bigger LOSER than me, well there could be, but I at over 300 lbs, I doubt it.

No worries, my friend! i wish you continued success with your SEs. By the way, how do you shave twice a day?!! Good lord you must a fast-growing beard!

Hmmm....maybe if there is enough interest in this thread we can get both SE and OC sub forums.....there is enough love out there for both....and the users are very zealous over their love!!

Think the name sounds better in French......Amant de bord simple des rasoirs....

This all started from my thrifty impulses to save money on the disposables I was using when I didn't have the time to use my straight razors properly. True to my screenname, I first tried to find a near free alternative to buying something, I asked around if anyone I knew had any old safety razors I could have. My dad said that he probably had his old, little used Gillette, in "The Basement" but he didn't know where exactly and it might take a while to find. :rolleyes5

A couple of weeks later, he called me and said that he'd found an old safety razor in with some stuff from my mom's grandfather's estate, cool. So I go over and he hands me this cigarette case lookin' thing:

$100_0694.jpg

So's I open it up:

$100_0706.jpg

$100_0702.jpg

Sufficed to say, it looked kind of strange, excellent condition but strange and its innards didn't look like they'd hold the standard DE blades:

$100_0697.jpg

There was an old blade in the case and derndit if it didn't look very similar to the standard "paint scrapper" blades I'd used all my life for utility type tasks:

$100_0703.jpg

I thought "Great! I've got about half a box of Red Devil blades that will probably fit this thing at home." True enough, the Red Devils fit a treat.

I figured that I should check B&B for tips before I put blade to face and I'm glad I did!

That was only two months ago, I've got 2 OCMMs, a Flying Wing, a Baton Junior, an ER 1924 and a Push Button as well, what a LOSER!

Top Bottom